47sk Marriage Certificate Requirement?

Old Sep 14th 2003, 10:08 am
oozie04

Default 47sk Marriage Certificate Requirement?

Hello Peter / George / Alan,

Soon after marriage I got a job in Middle east and was not able to get a marriage certificate from Registrar of Marriages in India. When my wife applied for a passport, she attached an affidavit from her father, mine father and herself and a copy of Newspaper coloumn advertising name change after marriage. My name is mentioned on her passport.

My query is:

What you advise in reference to Marriage certificate for 47sk. Do I need to travel way back to india and take my wife along with me for getting a marriage certificate. I have affidavits from her father, mine father, herself and myself being attested from Indian Embassy here.

Please advise.

Regards

Ozzie04

Old Sep 14th 2003, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Meretta is an unknown quantity at this point

It says somewhere in the booklet that a marriage will not be recognised by the Australian government unless it recognised by your own government, if you do not have a marriage certificate, then I suspect that the government does not recognise your marriage.
We were married in a religous ceremony several years ago, and had a marriage certificate issued by the religious courts, but DIMA would not accept this as it had not been stamped by the Lebanese government, we had to take it back to Beirut and register it with the government before we could use it.
But keep in mind that you might not have to prove that you are married, if you have been living together for more than a year and have documented proof of this, then there should be no necessity to provide a marriage certificate.
Goodluck
Meretta
Old Sep 14th 2003, 1:27 pm
oozie04

Dear Meretta,

I have an Affidavit attested by Indian Embassy here which says so and so is my legally wedded wife. The passport of my wife also has my name in place of Spouse. As far as living together is concerned she is with me here in middle east since last 3 yrs or so. Pls advise Peter/George/Jaj/Alan

Regards

Ozzie04

Old Sep 14th 2003, 8:04 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: 47sk Marriage Certificate Requirement?

Hi Oozie,

You need to supply a marriage certificate, for dozens of civic purposes, not
just the Australian department of immigration. I think therefore it would
be an excellent idea to obtain one. If you can't, you will be relying on
the discretion of a case officer which is going to cost you time.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"oozie04" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear Meretta,
    > I have an Affidavit attested by Indian Embassy here which says so and so
    > is my legally wedded wife. The passport of my wife also has my name in
    > place of Spouse. As far as living together is concerned she is with me
    > here in middle east since last 3 yrs or so. Pls advise
    > Peter/George/Jaj/Alan
    > Regards
    > Ozzie04
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:55 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oozie04
I have an Affidavit attested by Indian Embassy here which says so and so is my legally wedded wife. The passport of my wife also has my name in place of Spouse. As far as living together is concerned she is with me here in middle east since last 3 yrs or so. Pls advise Peter/George/Jaj/Alan
ooz,

It's advisable to get your marriage certificate for other purposes in the future as well, just as George said.

I hope you don't have plans to submit an affidavit on your degree and IELTS scores as well. Those certainly won't work.

Peter
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
ooz,

It's advisable to get your marriage certificate for other purposes in the future as well, just as George said.

I hope you don't have plans to submit an affidavit on your degree and IELTS scores as well. Those certainly won't work.

Peter
You are simply too good Peter, admire the way you write.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:26 am
oozie04

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I had a definite plans to supply affidavit for all those things. But for now, please do not deviate from my original question and let me concentrate on marriage certificate question only.

Regards

Ozzie04

Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I had a definite plans to supply affidavit for all those things. But for now, please do not deviate from my original question and let me concentrate on marriage certificate question only.

Regards

Ozzie04
Ozzie, about the marriage cerificate, you have the choice of sending your current documentation to DIMIA and hope that they will accept it. It's very likely that they will accept it but there is an equal amount of risk that they may ask you to get your marriage certificate. Without any intentions of going into a discussion about the pros and cons and reasons etc, I would say that normally ASPC is strict when it comes to applicants from South East Asia.
It's a difficult choice, but only you can decide how you want to go about it.

Regards,
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:27 am
oozie04

Dear Peter/Sunsh,

The only problem that stops me in getting a marriage certificate is the distance. I live in Dubai, and going to India merely for the sake of marriage certificate and that too with entire family is a costly affair. It would cost be double the fees of 47sk.

Is it possible that I attach all the documentation that I currently have i.e. marriage affidavits from our parents, from myself attested by Executive Magistrate and Indian Embassy here. Moreover her passport has my name as Spouse, and the birth certificate of my child contains both of ours name.

Is it possible that later in future while processing of my visa application, I send a marriage certificate, as I have plans to go back to my native country somewhere in 2004.

Regards

ozzie04

Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:09 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunsh
I would say that normally ASPC is strict when it comes to applicants from South East Asia.
A little irrelevant, but India is not part of South East Asia!

South East Asia as a geographical region consists of:
Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, The Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.

PNG may be marginally considered South East Asian, but was rejected from ASEAN membership a few years ago.

India is part of South Asia.

Peter
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:10 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Is it possible that later in future while processing of my visa application, I send a marriage certificate, as I have plans to go back to my native country somewhere in 2004.
ooz

George has already answered your question. Unless you want him to answer you again...

Peter
Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:37 am
oozie04

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Oozie,

You need to supply a marriage certificate, for dozens of civic purposes, not
just the Australian department of immigration. I think therefore it would
be an excellent idea to obtain one. If you can't, you will be relying on
the discretion of a case officer which is going to cost you time.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"oozie04" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear Meretta,
    > I have an Affidavit attested by Indian Embassy here which says so and so
    > is my legally wedded wife. The passport of my wife also has my name in
    > place of Spouse. As far as living together is concerned she is with me
    > here in middle east since last 3 yrs or so. Pls advise
    > Peter/George/Jaj/Alan
    > Regards
    > Ozzie04
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Hello George,

Thanks for your info. Is it possible that I submit the same later whereas for the sake of applying for VISA i submit affidavits/Passport Copies.

Regards

Ozzie04

Old Sep 15th 2003, 2:00 pm
Thunder Ace

ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by oozie04
    >
    > > Is it possible that later in future while processing of my visa
    > > application, I send a marriage certificate, as I have plans to go back
    > > to my native country somewhere in 2004.
    >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    > ooz
    >
    >
    >
    > George has already answered your question. Unless you want him to answer
    > you again...
    >

You're getting very shirty these days Peter.

TA

Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:22 pm
oozie04

Default Marriage Affidavit in Place of Marriage Certificate!!!

Hi Peter,

As I dont have Marriage Certificate as marriage registration for Hindus is not mandatory in India, I managed to get affidavits from wife parents, mine parents, myself and wife. I am a resident of middle east any my parents are in India, and to get a marriage certificate, we need to visit India, which is not possible. Moreover my passport contains Residence visa stamp on entire family's passports which shows that we have been living together for last 3 yrs or so.

Now, my problem is what should I check on Part J of 47sk, for other documents. Should I check the option for marriage certificate or should I leave it blank. Please advise.

Regards

Ozzie04