47sk and checklist queries

Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:56 am
Just Joined

noemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 47sk and checklist queries

hi! jz wanted to seek advices to those who already been granted a visa with the ff before lodging my application
1. the 1st 4 pages of 47sk need not to be submitted?
2. for those skipped questions, does it still need to be filled up with N/A?
3. what is the formal way of putting the N/A if the question is not applicable to you at all, e.g
Question #1. xxxxxx?
___No
___ Yes
if yes, provide details

Aprreciate so much your reply! thanks in advance! God Bless!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:07 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 47sk and checklist queries

Originally Posted by noemi
hi! jz wanted to seek advices to those who already been granted a visa with the ff before lodging my application
3. what is the formal way of putting the N/A if the question is not applicable to you at all, e.g
Question #1. xxxxxx?
___No
___ Yes
if yes, provide details

Numbering pages from the bottom up means that say out of 100 sections, 100 will be on the top of the pile, page 1 will be at the bottom of the pile.

When you print off the checklist which you have to put with your 47SK, you have to number each page of your certified documents according to the checklist. We got those little red sticky things that stick out of the page and wrote the page numbers on them coresponding to what page we'd written on the checklist. Just makes it easier for DIMIA when they check and/or add things to your file. The checklist is on the DIMIA site for you to print off and include with your application.

*pearly*
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:31 am
Just Joined

noemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 47sk and checklist queries

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Numbering pages from the bottom up means that say out of 100 sections, 100 will be on the top of the pile, page 1 will be at the bottom of the pile.

When you print off the checklist which you have to put with your 47SK, you have to number each page of your certified documents according to the checklist. We got those little red sticky things that stick out of the page and wrote the page numbers on them coresponding to what page we'd written on the checklist. Just makes it easier for DIMIA when they check and/or add things to your file. The checklist is on the DIMIA site for you to print off and include with your application.

*pearly*
so it means that for example, 47sk form hs 50 pages, the first page(page 1) will be nubmered 80(considering all documents) and the last page of 47sk will be numbered 31. then based from that numbering the details asked in the checklist like for sched 1 letter a, all credit card fields completed - will be numbered 48 for example based on the numbering 31 to 80. Appreciate ur reply. many thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:03 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

so it means that for example, 47sk form hs 50 pages, the first page(page 1) will be nubmered 80(considering all documents) and the last page of 47sk will be numbered 31. then based from that numbering the details asked in the checklist like for sched 1 letter a, all credit card fields completed - will be numbered 48 for example based on the numbering 31 to 80. Appreciate ur reply. many thanks

No, your thinking too much. It's dead easy.
Page 1 of your 47sk enclosed certified documents will be page one, at the bottom of the pile. Your enclosed certified copies are numbered on their own and not part of the 47SK page numbers.The checklist says Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 doesn't it. Schedule 2 documents are for the police checks I think so unless your frontloading them you wont have them anyway.
Each Schedule is for certain documents to go with the application. So, all documents in Schedule 1 are numbered 1 - however many of the checklist documents you have ie page 1-8. If you DO have documents for any of Schedule 2 then just carry on ie page 9-12 or whatever.
Get it????
In the schedule checklist you just put Page "1" where it says passports or whatever it says in the first box. Then in the next box down if it asks for copies of birth certificates you put page "2", and have the pages your enclosing with copies of your birth certificates numbered "2" and so on.

*pearly*
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
No, your thinking too much. It's dead easy.
Page 1 of your 47sk enclosed certified documents will be page one, at the bottom of the pile. Your enclosed certified copies are numbered on their own and not part of the 47SK page numbers.The checklist says Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 doesn't it. Schedule 2 documents are for the police checks I think so unless your frontloading them you wont have them anyway.
Each Schedule is for certain documents to go with the application. So, all documents in Schedule 1 are numbered 1 - however many of the checklist documents you have ie page 1-8. If you DO have documents for any of Schedule 2 then just carry on ie page 9-12 or whatever.
Get it????
In the schedule checklist you just put Page "1" where it says passports or whatever it says in the first box. Then in the next box down if it asks for copies of birth certificates you put page "2", and have the pages your enclosing with copies of your birth certificates numbered "2" and so on.

*pearly*
Now I'm confused! I thought you had to do it like this.

Get all documents in the order listed on the 139 (or 136) checklist. Then number the front of each page, bottom right hand corner would be the easiest, from the bottom up. This means that the first page of the 47SK will be numbered as the last page (for example 80 if there are 80 pages in the application).

Once you've done that, complete the 139 checklist by writing in the column under Folio Number, the pages where those documents appear. Any sections not applicable, just write N/A in the column.

On the 139 checklist, a small icon appears against certain sections (Schedule 1 a and c for example). This is where you put the tabs/subdividers, to break your application up into the relevant sections.

Is that right?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:22 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by spartacus
Now I'm confused! I thought you had to do it like this.

Get all documents in the order listed on the 139 (or 136) checklist. Then number the front of each page, bottom right hand corner would be the easiest, from the bottom up. This means that the first page of the 47SK will be numbered as the last page (for example 80 if there are 80 pages in the application).

Once you've done that, complete the 139 checklist by writing in the column under Folio Number, the pages where those documents appear. Any sections not applicable, just write N/A in the column.

On the 139 checklist, a small icon appears against certain sections (Schedule 1 a and c for example). This is where you put the tabs/subdividers, to break your application up into the relevant sections.

Is that right?

Yes, that's all totally right. The only diff is that I didn't include the page numbers from the 47SK. I just did page numbers for the certified copies. Don't stress, at least they've got it all and I'm sure they'll put it all into some sort of file which is easiest for them.

*pearly*
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: 47sk and checklist queries

Question #1. xxxxxx?
___No
___ Yes
if yes, provide details

If you do a search about page numbering and George Lombard, hopefully you'll come accross a very similar thread where George explains all very well.

Bruce.