Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

Old May 20th 2008, 3:53 am
Just Joined

DJorgio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

Believe it or not we are almost there, form 80 is complete for both of us (horaaah) but i have a few nagging issues filling in the 47es visa.

Here it is, my wife has been offered a job and granted a nomination to apply for a permanent visa subclass 120 (LA), myself and our daughter (3 year old) are going as her dependants, we are currently staying in temporary accommodation here in the UK with family and friends, my wife has a steadyish job in a nursing home and i am currently in between contracts with a computer agency (so i am not bringing in any money) the point is we are using our monthly income to pay for what we can in respects to the application process ie this month medicals, etc etc, next month we will have the cash to get the police records done and then lodge the Visa, now here's the thing, since my wife will be going to a nursing job as soon as she arrives we thought it would be sensible if she went first, stayed in the nursing accommodation until she at least gets her first months pay before deciding at that time if we have enough money to join her and get a rented unit or wait until the next month and so on.

So my queries are these, on the Visa form 47es

Do we state on the form that myself and our daughter will be migrating with her, or do we say no and write in the notes that we will be joining her later or will we have to all arrive together on the same flight so to speak ?

and

Question 34 "what is the value of money, goods and assets which you and your spouse intend to bring to Australia ?"

We are really going to be starting from ground zero, at least until i find work out there, im a little concerned if we put a low figure here it will go against us in some way, or not as my wife has been sponsored as a nurse ?

Grrrr, what a head ache, but we are nearly there, medicals are on Thursday (22nd), police records check will be lodged early next month under the new pilot scheme (10 days) and then we will be lodging the application to the Parramatta Business Centre.

I would really appreciate any advice on this, i know its a little per specific, anyone ?

Steve 'n' Beth x
Old May 20th 2008, 4:20 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

You are migrating with your wife - you're just arriving later! So put YES.

Q34 - put a figure that maybe reflects the total worth of everything you own - it won't go against you. I came with close to zero!
Old May 20th 2008, 4:25 am
Just Joined

DJorgio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

Originally Posted by tking
You are migrating with your wife - you're just arriving later! So put YES.

Q34 - put a figure that maybe reflects the total worth of everything you own - it won't go against you. I came with close to zero!
tking, you are a star, thank you very much.

Steve 'n' Beth