475 Working Conditions?

Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

brighter2moro is on a distinguished road
Default 475 Working Conditions?

Does anyone know... if granted a 475 (state sponsored), is there any condition that says you have to work in your nominated occupation? If not, is it necessary to work doing something on the skills shortage list for that state, or on the SOL? What if you got a job that wasn't on the SOL. You'll still have been working and so you'd still meet that requirement to apply for permanent residency after two years, but is there any condition anyone knows of about the type of work you're required to do?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of
Default Re: 475 Working Conditions?

There is no restriction on the type of work you do in order to apply for the permanent 887. You can work in any role as long as it is full time and for 12 months.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ional-area.htm
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Cenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 475 Working Conditions?

Originally Posted by Flutterby
There is no restriction on the type of work you do in order to apply for the permanent 887. You can work in any role as long as it is full time and for 12 months.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ional-area.htm
Flutterby,
I have had a couple of opportunities arise for me working from Sydney, but will involve interstate travelling and would be on a contract basis (not employee). I was planning to set-up in Adelaide, so I will have residence there, and then potentially an Ltd registered in SA if that were also required.

I would be working away from SA mostly. I think this would cover the 887 criteria (2 and 1 year's respectively) down the line from here, what do you think..?

Vin