475 Question - Occuptaion assessment

Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 475 Question - Occuptaion assessment

Hi,

I have just checked the occupations listed for South Australia provisional sponsorship visa and have seen Community Worker listed. I think this have just been included on the updated Sept list. Anyway, I have lots of paid Community Work experience and can get some good refs and I scored enough points BUT I have just checked about assessment with Vetasses. My degree is not in Community but in Marketing, will this botch the whole thing up as I have read they only assess you qualifications and not your work experience. Can anyone advise? After leaving uni I went to work with a big company and then took redundancy to work in a local college and was promoted in the community field because of voluntary work I have completed. I was so pleased when I checked points and saw this but when I read on Vetasses my heart sank. Some advice would be great. thanks
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 475 Question - Occuptaion assessment

Vetassess don't care about degree subject.

South Australia may or may not care in order to give state sponsorship - that's their choice.

DIAC will insist on skilled work experience even if you have skill assessment + state sponsorship.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. If I can VETASSES to pass my qualification as ok. I have references and detailed work experience that relates to the community worker job descritpion on the Aus Gov website. I am hoping if I get past the first barrier detailing my work experience will help me with the next stages.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

JordanCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brandyslad
Thanks for that. If I can VETASSES to pass my qualification as ok. I have references and detailed work experience that relates to the community worker job descritpion on the Aus Gov website. I am hoping if I get past the first barrier detailing my work experience will help me with the next stages.
Hi brandyslad,

You can nominate and have your qualification assessed for Market Research Analyst and then for SA and DIAC provide work experience for the skilled occupation Comunity Worker.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

So I can get Vetasses to check me on an occupation related directly to my degree as they only look at the qualification? - just want to make sure I have this clear. But then with DIAC apply go for the Community Worker for work experience? Will there not be a problem with the references to two different professions?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

JordanCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brandyslad
Thanks.

So I can get Vetasses to check me on an occupation related directly to my degree as they only look at the qualification? - just want to make sure I have this clear. But then with DIAC apply go for the Community Worker for work experience? Will there not be a problem with the references to two different professions?
No there will not be a problem. Check this out on DIAC website at the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ence-study.htm

"To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application."

Your work experience doesn't have to be in your nominated skilled occupation though.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks JordanCruiser. That makes it very clear regarding the work experience and that bit should be ok. Just need to contact my uni now and get the whole degree details.