461 renewAl the medical issue

Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Kiwiis200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 461 renewAl the medical issue

Hi guys,

You've All probably had this type of question a thousand times, BUT, I am aN NZ citizen living on Goldcoast with my UK wife and kids.She's on a 461 visa and we have just sent forms in for a renewal. As I haven't seen this particular question before I would like to know if we have been living in OZ for just about 5 years
With no medical issues at all ( and we've had a baby too, now 3 ) does she have to redo the medical exam ? as she and kids on my Medicare card. Seen a post on another site that someone didn't do it on renewal when in country, and our friends ex nanny didn't do it either on renewal.

Cheers
Graeme
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 461 renewAl the medical issue

Originally Posted by Kiwiis200
Hi guys,

You've All probably had this type of question a thousand times, BUT, I am aN NZ citizen living on Goldcoast with my UK wife and kids.She's on a 461 visa and we have just sent forms in for a renewal. As I haven't seen this particular question before I would like to know if we have been living in OZ for just about 5 years
With no medical issues at all ( and we've had a baby too, now 3 ) does she have to redo the medical exam ? as she and kids on my Medicare card. Seen a post on another site that someone didn't do it on renewal when in country, and our friends ex nanny didn't do it either on renewal.

Cheers
Graeme
According to the DIAC pages on the 461 you have to meet the health requirements which means the medical. However if you know someone who didn't need to, I think your best bet would be to contact a MARA registered agent to make sure 100%. There are a few Kiwis on here, I'll PM someone and see if they can pop in if they know.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:38 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 461 renewAl the medical issue

Originally Posted by Kiwiis200
Hi guys,

Cheers
Graeme
Hi Graeme, the 461 visa is not renewable as I understand it, she will be applying for a new 461 as if she had never applied for one ever, so I believe she will have to do the medical and police checks again (for every country she has lived in for more than 12 months over the last 10 years including Australia).

BB
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 461 renewAl the medical issue

There are not many 461 renewal cases onshore so perhaps no-one has anything specific to tell you.

You could choose to hire an agent for advice, however you need to choose the right agent who is experienced and knows how to find the correct answer.

What's the plan long term? The 461 is not a very good visa for your wife to be spending the rest of her life on so is there any plan to get permanent residence? Are either of you in a skilled occupation?