457IE and Migration Agent

Old Nov 1st 2002, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457IE and Migration Agent

Would anybody with an opinion please give me the pros and cons of using an agent to apply for a 457 IE as opposed to going it alone.

Cheers
Old Nov 1st 2002, 8:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457IE and Migration Agent

OK, I have a vested interest, but here are two reasons to use a migration agent:

1. Have you ever prepared a business plan for migration purposes?
2. Do you know the issues a case officer is looking to see addressed in the business plan?

The main disadvantage (some will no doubt say) is the additional cost involved in asking an agent to help.

Best regards.

Originally posted by bleggy
Would anybody with an opinion please give me the pros and cons of using an agent to apply for a 457 IE as opposed to going it alone.

Cheers
Old Nov 1st 2002, 2:50 pm
John

Default Re: 457IE and Migration Agent

I must agree with Alan,

Preparing a business plan in the way the other party expects to see it can
be challenging. I suppose you don't want to take major risks here.

If at all you get rejected once, it will be very hard to turn around the
situation unless you can really justify it.

So whether to use a migration agent is your decision. All the best.

cheers,
john