Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

457 is it worthwhile paying an agent? need to lodge by July 1st

457 is it worthwhile paying an agent? need to lodge by July 1st

Old Jun 11th 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

celestebrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 457 is it worthwhile paying an agent? need to lodge by July 1st

Hi All,

So this is my first post here ... im on a working holiday visa and have been for 16 months, my employer wants to sponsor me to stay and we have had meetings with a migration agent who has reviewed my education, skills, experience, identified the relevant job title etc. My company have also sent over all required documents and the agent says the process is good to go.

Now the problem is i work for a not for profit and have recently found out i have to pay for the process myself. Looking at $2000 for the visa, $2500 for fees, plus gst etc all totalling $4800, now i dont have this money readily available. Can borrow from home but I am wondering is it worthwhile me doing the application myself?

The agent said i should lodge the application before july 1st to ensure the job is still on the approved list. Will I be able to do everything in this short time or should I go through her? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Celeste
Old Jun 11th 2014, 11:26 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 is it worthwhile paying an agent? need to lodge by July 1st

Hi Celeste.

The employer is required to pay for at least the business sponsor and the nomination applications - agent fees and the Visa Application Charges payable to the Department of Immigration.

This is a requirement of the 457 visa program.

See also: 457 sponsors: pay your own way | Migration Blog

Best regards,
Old Jun 12th 2014, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 is it worthwhile paying an agent? need to lodge by July 1st

When I paid for a 457 visa it was $2000 including all fees! Has it gone up that much in 2 years? The 457 on its own was only around $700 then..