457 without medicals

Old May 2nd 2007, 7:58 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default 457 without medicals

Our application for a 457 has finally been sent (online 12/04) and we are patiently waiting for the green light.

The longer it takes, the more I start to worry about the fact that we have never been asked for medicals. I cannot imagine that living in Holland is better or worse than the UK, but all 457 applicants that I have read about have needed medicals.

I have spoken to my agent about medicals, and was assured that if they where required, he would let me know. Are there other people that have not required medicals for a 457, or should I start to worry ?

Can anybody put my mind at ease on this one ?

Thanks

Furkew.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 457 without medicals

Originally Posted by furkew
Our application for a 457 has finally been sent (online 12/04) and we are patiently waiting for the green light.

The longer it takes, the more I start to worry about the fact that we have never been asked for medicals. I cannot imagine that living in Holland is better or worse than the UK, but all 457 applicants that I have read about have needed medicals.

I have spoken to my agent about medicals, and was assured that if they where required, he would let me know. Are there other people that have not required medicals for a 457, or should I start to worry ?

Can anybody put my mind at ease on this one ?

Thanks

Furkew.
Hiya
Have you had a chest xray?
We came on a 457 and were only required to have chest xray.
Sue
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:05 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Hiya
Have you had a chest xray?
We came on a 457 and were only required to have chest xray.
Sue
not even a chest xray.
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

According to this http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf you do need a chest xray.

Leigh
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

broomage is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just been granted a 457. I, the main applicant on the visa, only had to have a chest x ray. My wife, who may be working in a medical setting, was advised to have the full exam. Hope this helps.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Here's the form you would need to fill out & take with you if you do go for a chest xray. Useful to have, ready to go just in case. You don't want this to cause any delays.

http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/files/160.pdf

Last edited by leigh&ivan; May 3rd 2007 at 9:21 am. Reason: forgot to paste link!
Old May 5th 2007, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

My OH is the sponsored applicant (not working with children or hospital) and all three of us need chest Xrays only (despite being told by the Radiologists here in Cork, Ireland that we had to see the doctor first).

Are you checking your application status online? This will advise you if you are required to get a medical/Xray. If you are not checking, do a google search for 'Electronic visa status'. You will need your TRN number and passport number.

Good luck.