457 visa-what happens next???

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:18 am
Just Joined

brookkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa-what happens next???

yay!!! just checked my online status and i am now officially approved!!!!
haven't had the email saying as much so was just wondering what happens now? obviously got to have the piece of paper stuck in my passport but do you have to send it off or can you go down to london to get it done then and there??
also is it now 'safe' to book a flight???
thanks
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

janandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nice
Default Re: 457 visa-what happens next???

Hi
We too have had our 457 visa approved since 13th November - just waiting for OH firm to give him the date of the flight (they are sorting that all out for him) - I would get in touch with the company you are going to work for - I believe that you can fly to oz without having visa stamped - when you land immigration will check that you have 457 visa in place. I think you have so long when in oz to go to immigration to get your passport stamped
Where are you going to?

Janice
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

As Janice says, it is likely you won't need to have the 457 visa evidenced in your passport before you travel to Australia.

Check the visa grant advice - it should set out the requirements as to visa evidencing.

Best regards.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

still in shock-and to think it was only yesterday i was sending paniced emails to my future employer and their agent-oops!!!!
heading to perth -start work jan 7th but am hoping to go in a few weeks(aarrgghh!!) to sort myself out with somewhere to live etc. although thats the next worry finding somewhere to stay in december-not a great time to look for renting places although the thought of christmas in the sun, on a beach with a glass of something alcoholic and cold is making the worries slip away-funny that!!!!
how about yourselves??
kathryn
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

janandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nice

Hi
We too are heading off to Perth - hubby got job in Kwinana - looking for rental secret harbour or rockingham area - not too sure yet until we get there. I know what you mean about finding places over the xmas period - but the thought of Xmas in the sun keeps me going
I am going to email OH firm today and hopefully they can give me an answer - the waiting is driving me mad!!!

Janice
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:45 am
Just Joined

know what you mean-the wait has been the worst bit so far-good luck hope you get some answers.......
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We flew into Perth without 457 visa in our passports. Went throught airport customs no problem.

Then a couple of days later we visited immigration office in Perth centre and they put the visa in each passport (family of 6).
This took about 5mins.

So yes, you should be able to fly out when ever you want as soon as visa is granted. However print off email that says visa granted just for your own records etc.

GEMS
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks-it almost doesn't seem official without a stamp!!!
just off to look for flights-can't wait the adventure starts now!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:13 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

hi

we are headed to perth.
my husband has got THE job, and we are gettin a sponsored 457 visa.

just sent the contrcts of employment back, now waiting for our passports to come for a family of 5.

then the nomination/visa process can start.

can i ask you what happens next, when did u do meds/police checks and how long did it take for you to get your visa through?

thanx rosie.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
We applied for visa in September and got visa granted november - it took exactly two months. We only needed x-rays and we went for them when visa processing commenced - we went through OH firm's migration agent and he guided us through everything. There is a thread on here "who applying for 457 visa" and you will find loads of information on there. Welcome to the forum and good luck - where abouts in Perth are you heading - we are going south of river - looking at Secret Harbour and Rockingham at the moment - just waiting for go ahead to book flights - getting really excited now - all that waitings been worthwhile
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:33 am
is hoping for the best

english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

what paper work did u need ie birth certs and qualification certs etc
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi
We just sent certified copies of passport page and qualification papers (city and guilds) also sent references from current employer and current cv - are you going through agent or filling forms in yourself?

Janice
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:41 am
is hoping for the best

my husbands new company will do it [i think!!]

but as we are waiting for our passports looks like that is going to be a couple of weeks[for all 5 of us!], wanted to get any paper work and certificates im going to need ready to go.

so u only nee qualification cert and passport?

what about birth/marriage certs etc

http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif
http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif
http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/ohmy.gif
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

They didn't ask for birth certificates - think the passport is ok - OH firm should be able to set you right with that - are they using an agent?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:58 am
is hoping for the best

yeh, its a massive company, they have there own relocation sector, they use their own agents.

oh my god

im so excited, ive had constant butterflies for about 2 weeks.
all this excitment i should be able to shift a few pounds off my hips!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.