457 VISA TRADE ASSESSMENTS

Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Question 457 VISA TRADE ASSESSMENTS

Hi guys
I have been getting varied replies to the question do I have to have my skills assessed by the TRA under the trade Flat Glass Tradesperson/Glazier,some say I do not have to have a skills assessment ,but I am hopfully going to Brisbane and have been told because this is not a Regional Postcode Area I will have to have my Skills Assessed.

Please some one give in the know give me a straight answer yes or no
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 VISA TRADE ASSESSMENTS

DIAC does not require you to have a migration skills assessment letter for a subclass 457 visa application.

However, some employers will nevertheless ask for one before they will sponsor as confirmation of the intended employee's competencies.

Best regards.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Alan

Can you confirm that I do not require to lodge an application to TRA even with having a Sponsor in central Brisbane

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:09 am
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Hi Nevsy

I think Alan confirmed that in his answer to you.

DIAC does not require you to have a migration skills assessment letter for a subclass 457 visa application. (457 being an employer sponsored visa.)

I understand this as so - if you are applying for a subclass 457 Visa then you do not require a migration skills assessment. But - as Alan has said - your new employer may ask you to have one done so they can be sure that you really are skilled in your profession.

Have a look on the Immi website for more info:

http://www.immigration.gov.au/skille...-temporary.htm

Carol
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazzamia
Hi Nevsy

I think Alan confirmed that in his answer to you.

DIAC does not require you to have a migration skills assessment letter for a subclass 457 visa application. (457 being an employer sponsored visa.)

I understand this as so - if you are applying for a subclass 457 Visa then you do not require a migration skills assessment. But - as Alan has said - your new employer may ask you to have one done so they can be sure that you really are skilled in your profession.

Have a look on the Immi website for more info:

http://www.immigration.gov.au/skille...-temporary.htm

Carol
Thanks for that its been doing me head in