457 Visa and Power Industry

Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Astraman is on a distinguished road
Default 457 Visa and Power Industry

Hi this is my first post on here and have a few questions i would like to ask, so hoping you could all help me

I currently work in the power industry in the UK and am looking at opportunities in OZ. Initially I am planning on going there on a work visa with my girlfriend and if it works out for us to stay there after 4 years or so. For the visa will we both need medicals or would it be just myself as I would be the main applicant?

Is there a large demand for engineers in the power industry in Australia. I have experience project managing, design of supporting systems and controlling electricity networks.

At the moment it all seems a bit complicated so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

James
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Breen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Visa and Power Industry

Hi James

We have just applied for the 457 visa, my husband is the applicant but all four of us are having to have a chest x ray ,but only the kids are having to have a medical. We were told it was necessary for the kids as they will be attending school . We are going tomorrow the xrays are costing us about £80 each hope this helps.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

andy115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Visa

My girlfriend and I are looking into the possibility of getting a 457 business visa, I am a qualified carpenter. Are there agencies that deal with this type of visa, or would it be best to get out there first and apply for jobs with the possibility of sponsorship?

Cheers

Andy