Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

457 visa - Made redundant looking for new job

457 visa - Made redundant looking for new job

Old Jul 25th 2016, 5:11 am
Just Joined

craigtweedy90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa - Made redundant looking for new job

I was made redundant from work on Friday. Looking to get back into work, i have 90 days until i have to leave. I'm a CNC programmer/machinist. I'm eligible for PR visa but need to get someone to take over my sponsor or face leaving Australia permanently. I'm based in Melbourne's north but i'm willing to travel. If anyone could help or has any suggestions i would appreciate it!
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa - Made redundant looking for new job

Originally Posted by craigtweedy90
I was made redundant from work on Friday. Looking to get back into work, i have 90 days until i have to leave. I'm a CNC programmer/machinist. I'm eligible for PR visa but need to get someone to take over my sponsor or face leaving Australia permanently. I'm based in Melbourne's north but i'm willing to travel. If anyone could help or has any suggestions i would appreciate it!
If you are eligible for PR and can get in your application before the 90 days are up you will get a bridging visa and canstay pending the grant.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

When you say you are eligible for PR what visa specifically do you mean you are eligible for? If it is the skilled migrant visa you are thinking of, then how far down the track are you in terms of skills assessment etc.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
When you say you are eligible for PR what visa specifically do you mean you are eligible for? If it is the skilled migrant visa you are thinking of, then how far down the track are you in terms of skills assessment etc.
So I'm eligible for a 189 skilled independent visa. I was informed by migration agent that a skills assessment would take minimum of 12 weeks to process. Been ringing around jobs and recruiters today to see if someone would be happy to take over my sponsor.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm eligible for a 189 skilled independent visa. I was informed by migration agent that a skills assessment would take minimum of 12 weeks to process. Been ringing around jobs and recruiters today to see if someone would be happy to take over my sponsor.
Hmm ok. Some skills assessments are quicker than others but yes looks like you are going to need a sponsor. I would probably recommend you post in e main Australia forum if you are after job leads, this section is purely for the immigration process and visas and fewer people regularly read here.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hmm ok. Some skills assessments are quicker than others but yes looks like you are going to need a sponsor. I would probably recommend you post in e main Australia forum if you are after job leads, this section is purely for the immigration process and visas and fewer people regularly read here.
No problem. Thanks for the help.