457 visa form help please.

Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default 457 visa form help please.

Hi Everyone,
I'm filling in the form for a 457 at the moment and not sure what to put about this question:

"40 Is an English language proficiency test a requirement for licensing, registration or membership of a professional body for your nominated occupation?"

I'm a nurse going to Queensland and I know that the Queensland Nursing Council require IELTS scores 7 in speaking and writing and 6.5 in listening and reading. Now because I'm a native English speaker this requirement has been waived. So my question is since this requirement is waived do I need to tick yes or no in the boxes provided?

Mark
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 457 visa form help please.

Hi Mark

Well, I'll be going down this route when/if I eventually get my reg back from the QNC......

I'd have thought tick the 'no' box as an English test is not required - why does all of this drive you soooo mad?? :S

Jo

Last edited by katamina; Dec 11th 2007 at 4:54 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

If you're a UK national, speak English as your first language and were educated entirely in English the you can tick no to this.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by katamina
Hi Mark

Well, I'll be going down this route when/if I eventually get my reg back from the QNC......

I'd have thought tick the 'no' box as an English test is not required - why does all of this drive you soooo mad?? :S

Jo
Hi Jo,
I know it takes the QNC about 13 days to take the money of a credit card but have you got an acknowledgement from them yet saying they received your application yet? When I got my acknowledgement through I kept checking their website to see if I was on the register yet and about a week later I was Got a nice badge and confirmation of my registration about a week after that.

Mark
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AHamm
If you're a UK national, speak English as your first language and were educated entirely in English the you can tick no to this.
Hi AHamm,
Thanks for the information - I appreciate it very much. I might need your advice again with all these forms I have to fill out.

Mark
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mark

Glad to see things are moving on for you

Any news on the house sale? Ours has sold now and we move 2nd week in jan, fly to perth on 20th jan, terrified now

Good luck with your visa application x
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi Mark

Glad to see things are moving on for you

Any news on the house sale? Ours has sold now and we move 2nd week in jan, fly to perth on 20th jan, terrified now

Good luck with your visa application x
Hi Julie,
No there's no news on the house sale front yet. Not had a viewing for about 8weeks now

About one month to go before you go down under - how exciting
How long after you arrive do you start your job?

Mark