457 visa cancelled

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

the derbys will become famous soon enoughthe derbys will become famous soon enough
Default 457 visa cancelled

We havejust been informed of my hubbys boss that he is cancelling our visa because he caant be bothered with all the hassle from the immigration asking questions about how he runs his business and he doesnt want to have to pay our tax, he wants us to be a sub-contractor.
My hubby is a plasterer and we urently need a new sponsership in Perth within 28 days or we will be going back to the UK.
Any offers of advice would be great thanks
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa cancelled

Do a search for George Lombard and contact him immediately. He may not be able to prevent the process but he may be able to give you options and to help you delay it until you find another sponsor.

Addendum:
I'd appreciate if anyone can add to or correct my advice as it sounds like the poster needs to get things moving quickly.

Last edited by hoofie2002; Sep 4th 2008 at 4:15 am. Reason: Addendum added
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way the b*****d would agree to postponing his decision long enough for you to find another sponsor?

I know bridging visas can come into play so long as an application is lodged hopefully that'll keep you legal and in the country whilst a new one is prcessed.

And get some professional advice quickly. My heart goes out to you. I fear the same happening to us and won't not do so til we have PR - the pitfall of 457's eh?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

lovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe you could try sending in your husband's resume to all the recruitment agencies and see if they can come up with something. I hope everything works out for you!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your situation - just wanted to say, as most people on here would - Don't give up and good luck