457 Visa Application Process

Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

AngelaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visa Application Process

Hi

I'm wondering if we are able to start our part of the visa application if our sponsor has started theirs? They've applied for sponsorship and nomination but that's all I know. We've been told the wheels are in motion and they are just waiting for the approval. When does the sponsor get the TRN, once they've been approved or when they apply? We have e-mailed them asking for this number as we'd LOVE for this to get moving along. Hopefully we'll get some news today.

Angela
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 Visa Application Process

Originally Posted by AngelaR
Hi

I'm wondering if we are able to start our part of the visa application if our sponsor has started theirs? They've applied for sponsorship and nomination but that's all I know. We've been told the wheels are in motion and they are just waiting for the approval. When does the sponsor get the TRN, once they've been approved or when they apply? We have e-mailed them asking for this number as we'd LOVE for this to get moving along. Hopefully we'll get some news today.

Angela
they get there TRN number when they apply, so once they give it to you, you can then apply and get the ball rolling.
Good luck with it.
Where are you hoping to go?

We are also going on a 457, meds finalised, just waiting for the big fat yes. We are off to Perth.

Bec xx
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
they get there TRN number when they apply, so once they give it to you, you can then apply and get the ball rolling.
Good luck with it.
Where are you hoping to go?

We are also going on a 457, meds finalised, just waiting for the big fat yes. We are off to Perth.

Bec xx
So that means they SHOULD have it if they've applied, right?! We're off to Perth as well, Duncraig area. We've sold our house and have to be out by the end of Jan so I'm really hoping to have everything finalised by then, fingers crossed!!

Thanks for your reply!!
Angela
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

So that means they SHOULD have it if they've applied, right?! We're off to Perth as well, Duncraig area. We've sold our house and have to be out by the end of Jan so I'm really hoping to have everything finalised by then, fingers crossed!!

Thanks for your reply!!
Angela
Yes they will have the TRN number if they have applied.
Good luck with everything, if you have any more questions just ask away

xx
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Yes they will have the TRN number if they have applied.
Good luck with everything, if you have any more questions just ask away

xx
I'm sure I'll have loads of questions. I'm so scared of doing something wrong, messing things up and having to wait even longer!

So if they give us this number we can go ahead and apply, even without their part being aproved yet? I hope so....I can feel myself getting excited again!!

Thanks so much, you've made my day and now the cherry on top will be an e-mail from them shortly providing us with that wonderful number!

Thanks!!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions. I'm so scared of doing something wrong, messing things up and having to wait even longer!

So if they give us this number we can go ahead and apply, even without their part being aproved yet? I hope so....I can feel myself getting excited again!!

Thanks so much, you've made my day and now the cherry on top will be an e-mail from them shortly providing us with that wonderful number!

Thanks!!
Yippie!!! I just received the info we've been waiting for!!! I'm so excited and things can start moving again!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:37 am
Just Joined

Yippie!!! I just received the info we've been waiting for!!! I'm so excited and things can start moving again!!!!
Ok so I'm stuck...what a surprise....We were sent a File Reference number a Sponsorship Request ID and a Nomination Request ID..Is the nomination one the number we want, I don't think that is the TRN but most likely the saved Nomination Application ID number. If we enter in the wrong number, or the correct number in the wrong spot will the program tell us it's invalid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:30 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela,

You don't need to worry about the Sponsorship bit as that's just between the company and DIAC. You want to link your application to the company's nomination so you should put in the nomination request ID. This is not the same thing as a saved ID number - that one is overidden once you lodge (and pay) for the visa and are issued a TRN or nomination request ID.

Are you doing this online? It won't actually let you proceed if the number is wrong (or you put the wrong one in) but nothing bad happens!! You can use either the TRN or the nomination ID to link your application and lodge online.

You should bear in mind that if you are not waiting for the nomination to be approved first, you might lose your application fee if it is rejected. This isn't very likely and I believe there's a box to tick on the online form which says you want to claim a refund if the application fails.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your response. I ended up trying every number in every spot until it went through and what do you know it worked!!! So it appears as though our nomination has been approved. I now wonder how long it's been approved for :s. Anyways at the end when we went to attach our documents it said server unavailable. So before I had a meltdown my lovely hubby called them up to see how we should proceed. They gave us an e-mail address to forward all of our supporting documents. He told us just to scan everything as is and they'll take care of it from there....I thought everything needed to be certified? Or is it true that if the docs are in color it's ok? Well it's all a done deal and I pray we've done everything correct if not I guess they'll let us know and we wait and wait and wait.

Thanks for all the help. I love this site!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

glad you got sorted and are all done a dusted now.
there is a thread on here for people applying for 457 visa, go take a look there are a few of us on there.

Welcome to the waiting club.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:37 pm
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Just a quick hello from another 457er. I'm also around in the other thread, hi again yellowmellow.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy n Georgina
Just a quick hello from another 457er. I'm also around in the other thread, hi again yellowmellow.
are you following me, lol
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

avrilsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 457 Visa Application Process

hi...this my first time to join...im also waiting for my e457 visa which was applied last jan 7,2008,jan 17-medical received,jan 20-medical finalised then their last update was last feb 5 (application processed further) im expecting this month (march) that they will have some update or my visa will be approve but up to this date i dont have any news.Can someone give me an idea about the processing time or is there any problem with my papers or is there a possibility that my visa will be refuse/
Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=AngelaR;5556614]Thanks so much for your response. I ended up trying every number in every spot until it went through and what do you know it worked!!! So it appears as though our nomination has been approved. QUOTE]

Sorry, but the fact that you were able to proceed with your visa application doesn't mean the nomination has been approved. It's possible to lodge all three (sponsorship, nomination and visa) applications at the same time, but the nomination won't be considered until the sponsorship's approved and the visa won't be considered until the nomination's approved.

What it does mean is that your visa application is now in the system and once the nomination is approved then your visa application will be considered.

Hope that makes sense!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by avrilsix
hi...this my first time to join...im also waiting for my e457 visa which was applied last jan 7,2008,jan 17-medical received,jan 20-medical finalised then their last update was last feb 5 (application processed further) im expecting this month (march) that they will have some update or my visa will be approve but up to this date i dont have any news.Can someone give me an idea about the processing time or is there any problem with my papers or is there a possibility that my visa will be refuse/
Thanks a lot.
457s are moving a lot quicker recently but some are still taking their time. It really comes down to your case officer and how quickly he/she works. Some move things along much quicker than others. There's absolutely no way of knowing how long it'll take, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.