457 transfer offer for MODL

Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about
Default 457 transfer offer for MODL

Hello everyone,

Could someone please give me some advice on my situation ?

I got my ACS skills assessment (with MODL) done in June 2009. But am yet to apply for 175.

Now my current employer is sponsoring me for 457. It'll be a transfer to Australian office.

My employer does have a full fledged office in Australia with scores (probably hundreds) working there. But the offer letter is from offshore office.

MODL mentions - offer letter from a suitable Australian employer with atleast 10 employees through the last two years.

Can I use the offshore offer letter for 5 MODL bonus points ? Of course, I can't involve my employer in this.

Thanks for your time.

[I read a similar post from guiguioz - but that thread is closed and I can't pm as yet]
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 transfer offer for MODL

Unfortunately I could not make head nor tail of this, I think you need to be a little clearer to get any meaningful responses. Are you on a 457 now? Only you say "it'll be a transfer" which suggests a future thing, in which case you don't need points at all...

And what do you mean by "offshore company". Offshore to where? UK or Australia and if you mean Australia then how is it a job offer from an Australian business, will you be the only employee in Australia? Is this a different company to the one you want to / have already transferred to.

Even the title of the thread does not make sense, come back and ve clearer and I or somebody else will try to help.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about

Sorry about the confusion.

I am not in Australia. My company has initiated 457 visa to transfer me to their Australian branch. This 457 visa is under process.

I plan to to apply for an offshore 175 visa now. I was wondering if I can present my intra-company transfer letter to claim MODL bonus points.

I mean the MODL job offer bonus points in 175 offshore visa application.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ok, now I see. Sadly after all that I don't know the answer, however you said in your first post that "you can't involve your employer in this" but I would have thought it quite possible they would check the job offer out.

Would it not be better to talk openly to your employer and see if they would do the permanent employer sponsored instead of the temp one?

Do you definitely need the 5 points too?
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I am right at 120 points. So I thought I'll try for that buffer of 5 points.

My employer is not going to sponsor me for permanent visa. They would want to retain control. I think it's the same with most 457 employers.

Thanks for your time Bermudashorts.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Joy.Please
Well, I am right at 120 points. So I thought I'll try for that buffer of 5 points.

My employer is not going to sponsor me for permanent visa. They would want to retain control. I think it's the same with most 457 employers.

Thanks for your time Bermudashorts.

If you have 120 points, don't worry about it. You don't need a buffer.