457 transfer to another state

Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:25 am
Just Joined

autocad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 transfer to another state

Hi guys

Merry xmas and happy new year for all of u

I'm currently on 457 issued from Brisbane & valid until 2012 , my current sponsor is out of work at the moment so they give me some time to find new job, I've got job offers in Melbourne and Perth . Is it possible to change the sponsor to another state or it is only limited to QLD ? does any one know how much time need to transfer the sponsorship from state to another?

Cheers

Alex
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 transfer to another state

The good news is that the 457 visa is not a states based visa and thus it does not matter where a possible future employer is situated, they can apply to take over the sponsorship.

I would suggest you proceed with this asap, it is not up to your employer to give you some time to find something else, they have a duty to inform DIAC of the status, possibly you do as well, not sure. Don't let this drag on.

Good luck.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that .. it should be fine then .. but do u know how long it will take to do the transfer? and what is the exact procedures ? say I'm moving to Melbourne , do I have to submit all the documents again or just the new contract? is it something easy to do or I should appoint an agent to do it?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have no idea what the exact procedure is. Why don't you talk to the employer as it is them that needs to take over the visa.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Sorry, I have no idea what the exact procedure is. Why don't you talk to the employer as it is them that needs to take over the visa.
I will eventually do that, I thought someone went through that can advice.

Last edited by autocad; Dec 27th 2010 at 9:18 am.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by autocad
I will eventually do that, I thought someone went through that can advice.
Page 3 of the 457 Application form

If you wish to change your occupation or you wish to work for another person who is not your current sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement, you do not need to make a new visa application. Before
you can change your occupation or work for another person who is not your current sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement, your new sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement must obtain an approved nomination for you. You must not commence work for the new sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement until the nomination is approved.

You only have 28 days grace, so asap would be better than eventually
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Page 3 of the 457 Application form

If you wish to change your occupation or you wish to work for another person who is not your current sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement, you do not need to make a new visa application. Before
you can change your occupation or work for another person who is not your current sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement, your new sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement must obtain an approved nomination for you. You must not commence work for the new sponsor or employer under a Labour Agreement until the nomination is approved.

You only have 28 days grace, so asap would be better than eventually
It seems the new sponsor work so I'll leave to them, but the thing they are shut until 10th Jan 2011 hope the procedures doesn't take time .