457 to STNI

Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:40 am
Dobro

huey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nice
Default 457 to STNI

Hi All,

If you are in Australia on a 457 when your STNI 137 is granted how long do you have to leave the country to get the 137 evidenced?
The reason I ask is that I may like to carry on working for a month after my STNI is granted then have a month off then travel to my sponsoring state.
Is this do able or will I need to get a tourist visa in the mean time?

Huey
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:53 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 to STNI

Originally Posted by huey
Hi All,

If you are in Australia on a 457 when your STNI 137 is granted how long do you have to leave the country to get the 137 evidenced?
The reason I ask is that I may like to carry on working for a month after my STNI is granted then have a month off then travel to my sponsoring state.
Is this do able or will I need to get a tourist visa in the mean time?

Huey
Hi Huey,

They won't grant a 137 until you go offshore, and you can more or less choose the timing for that. Auckland is a popular place to go to have your visa evidenced, but personally I'd want to go to Dili, East Timor; then there's Suva, Fiji; Jakarta; Singapore; Bangkok...

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Dec 21st 2005, 10:38 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Huey,

They won't grant a 137 until you go offshore, and you can more or less choose the timing for that. Auckland is a popular place to go to have your visa evidenced, but personally I'd want to go to Dili, East Timor; then there's Suva, Fiji; Jakarta; Singapore; Bangkok...

Cheers,

George Lombard

Yes we asre hoping to go to Fiji and get married there at the same time. Does anyone know if this will cause any problems? Cant afford to to it twice!!

Laura
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:46 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Yes we asre hoping to go to Fiji and get married there at the same time. Does anyone know if this will cause any problems? Cant afford to to it twice!!

Laura

Hey just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this as not sure weather to get married now, before visa granted, or wait till visa granted and do it at same time as getting visa off shore......Partner is on visa with me as defacto, will there be a problem????

Laura
Old Dec 24th 2005, 6:37 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hey just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this as not sure weather to get married now, before visa granted, or wait till visa granted and do it at same time as getting visa off shore......Partner is on visa with me as defacto, will there be a problem????

Laura
Hi Laura,

If you're already accepted as being in a de facto relationship then marriage won't change your immigration status so go for it, with the proviso that you ought to tell your case officer (even send them an invitation) so that you don't get a "must not marry before first entry" condition.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Laura,

If you're already accepted as being in a de facto relationship then marriage won't change your immigration status so go for it, with the proviso that you ought to tell your case officer (even send them an invitation) so that you don't get a "must not marry before first entry" condition.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Cool :-} thanks George. We have stated on the form 47sk that we intend to marry in April.......Better start planning then...yippeee!

Laura