457 - starting to regret it

Old May 14th 2008, 4:35 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 - starting to regret it

Hi all

I'm on a 457, and have been over here now for 5 months. Don't tell my boss but the company I'm working for are an utter shambles, I desperately want to make it work for/with them but they've brought me all this way and are refusing to listen to me on the subject of winning mre business/how best to go about the business that we got.

I've been offered 2 other jobs and a partnership in a business out here so my question is this. What sort of visa would I need to change to if I went into business? Am I right in thinking a business visa requires a turnover of $100k p/a for 3 years? Also where would any pr application stand if on this. My current boss will sponsor my pr after 2 years, but I don't think I've ever been so depressed in a job.

The other jobs, whilst attractive, still involve using my skills to line someone elses pockets, and since being here I'm becoming a bit braver and more confident in my own ability and I know we can make this work, there's no-one else in the country with anything approaching our combined knowledge or experience.

Soz about the whinge guys, I don't want working for a bunch of tossers to be the reason for going back to blighty, I would at least like to give it my utter best first and can't see me being able to do that in my current position.

Thanks and AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Old May 14th 2008, 4:58 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 457 - starting to regret it

I dont have much advice for you mate but all the best whatever you do, I know it can get very hard at times....I know the feeling too well....hang in there.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

If you have enough points you can do your own Permanent visa now. In fact anytime you like you dont need to go via the sponsor route if you have the points. Most people dont realise that you can put in for PR visa anytime if they have the points.
Also if your a little short, you get 10 extra points for 12months OZ work experience.

But I would advice speaking with agent for the right advice.

Gems
Old May 14th 2008, 7:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you cannot secure a skilled visa you would probably have to look at another employer sponsored visa.

One option might be for you to be a salaried (employed) partner in the proposed business, and to utilise this position for the grant of a 457 visa. You might also secure your partnership interest/share in business profits via a family trust, though the permanent residency visa strategy also needs to be factored into the business structure.

This isn't a strategy for the faint hearted though, and the quality of the business plan, and available funds to meet business sponsor obligations will be key.

We'll be happy to discuss further - T 03 9935 2929 (Melbourne).

Best regards.
Old May 20th 2008, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Thanks for that I'll call you shortly.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 20th 2008, 3:01 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Hi all

I'm on a 457, and have been over here now for 5 months. Don't tell my boss but the company I'm working for are an utter shambles, I desperately want to make it work for/with them but they've brought me all this way and are refusing to listen to me on the subject of winning mre business/how best to go about the business that we got.

I've been offered 2 other jobs and a partnership in a business out here so my question is this. What sort of visa would I need to change to if I went into business? Am I right in thinking a business visa requires a turnover of $100k p/a for 3 years? Also where would any pr application stand if on this. My current boss will sponsor my pr after 2 years, but I don't think I've ever been so depressed in a job.

The other jobs, whilst attractive, still involve using my skills to line someone elses pockets, and since being here I'm becoming a bit braver and more confident in my own ability and I know we can make this work, there's no-one else in the country with anything approaching our combined knowledge or experience.

Soz about the whinge guys, I don't want working for a bunch of tossers to be the reason for going back to blighty, I would at least like to give it my utter best first and can't see me being able to do that in my current position.

Thanks and AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
you dont work in North Sydney do ya??!! My company is the same, although I have PR now so all is good. hope you work it out.
Old May 20th 2008, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stevemich
you dont work in North Sydney do ya??!! My company is the same, although I have PR now so all is good. hope you work it out.
Yeah I do, you're not my boss are ya? lol what's your company called?
Old May 20th 2008, 3:50 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old May 20th 2008, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
wouldn't that be good LOL. holy sh@t
Old May 20th 2008, 3:57 am
Melbourne Rock City

wouldn't that be good LOL. holy sh@t
That would be so funny, at least you wouldnt have to worry about working for them anymore
Old May 20th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

My OH resigned after 2 weeks working for a company in North Sydney because they were so cr*p. Luckily we already had PR though.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:29 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

check yer karma, maybe not a good idea to mention publicly!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stevemich
check yer karma, maybe not a good idea to mention publicly!!
No. not them, your secret is safe with me. something we have to put up with for the time being I suppose
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gems
Also if your a little short, you get 10 extra points for 12months OZ work experience.
Blimey - so if you are under Five Foot you get extra points??