457 Question

Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default 457 Question

Hi All

Can someone answer a question (hypothetical) I've found flights at good prices for the end of October - we kind off feel thats the last date we can still go or else we will need to wait till after christmas as we just cant afford the flight costs over christmas.

If my 457 has not been granted can we go on a tourist visa and wait till 457 granted in australia, I know that i could not start work but we could get rental etc up and running?

Would love advise from anyone who has experience / knowledge of this.

Angi
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:10 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice
Default Re: 457 Question

hi,

i'm in the exactly same boat....
just bumping it up..

would like to know too???
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

It has been done.

Search the long 457 thread (Waiting for 457???? by hitchcock) and you'll see what others did. Long and short is sometimes immi will say yes it's ok if you phone and ask, other times they say that's not really the idea of an ETA.

To the best of my knowledge no-one on BE has been turned away but you MAY have to convince immigration at Aus end you really will leave if you have no 457 at the end of the ETA - flight tickets or money to buy them etc

How long have you been waiting now? You may be nearly there.

We were in the same boat this time last year. We got visas 2 nov and booked flights directly with Singapore airlines that day for 18th Nov for better prices than Oct. The big price hike usually is about 6th Dec.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Thanks Safin appreciate advise - we had a delay as oh went away with work and wasnt around to get chest x-ray done so that set us back by ages - he only got it done yesterday. Everything else is done, submitted and waiting