457 processing

Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice
Default 457 processing

Anyone out there experiencing problems accessing the system to follow progress on 457 application.
If so does anyone know what the problem is?

Cheers Debbie
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 processing

They update the website once per week. It says on the top of the page. But think its usually a Wednesday and it says times to avoid using it.

GEMS
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:55 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

I used it this morning and it was ok.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Mort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
I used it this morning and it was ok.
Could one of you kind people tell me how to check on the status of a 457?
My new employer has done all of the paperwork for the application and all I know is that the visa was applied for on 16th May, heard nothing since
Mort
Old Jun 12th 2007, 12:03 pm
skye

Originally Posted by Mort
Could one of you kind people tell me how to check on the status of a 457?
My new employer has done all of the paperwork for the application and all I know is that the visa was applied for on 16th May, heard nothing since
Mort
Click on the link you need your reference number from your employer..

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/employer-sponsored.htm#c

Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:29 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

when did you apply for 457 visa........and when is your estimated time of completion/issue ?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took 4 weeks.
Some about the same time as us took 6 weeks.

GEMS
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

We submitted our application 11 weeks ago and are still waiting...I think it depends on a number of factors eg. employer/position (seems the medical field do have priorty) and whether you are from a low or high risk country.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, thats probably correct. We were sponsored by Education department who said they could push ours through if needed.

We got allocated a CO just 12 hours after submitting the online application!

GEMS
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

My OH is being sponsored for a trade so even though it is on the MODL, it is obviously not 'high-priority'. The waiting is getting very frustrating. We just want to get on but are unwilling to make any plans until the visa is approved! I check online constantly in the hope that today is the day!