457 - PR question

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Question 457 - PR question

We have been in Sydney for nearly 2 years and are going to apply for PR now. I have a baby born in Australia - I know that she is not a Australian citizen at present because we are only here on a 457. When we get PR would she just be a PR ( as the rest of the family would be) or would she qualify for citizenship straightaway because she was born here?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 - PR question

Only PR, sorry.

Child will normally only be eligible for citizenship when at least one parent goes for citizenship (while child is under 16)..

If child is living in Australia until age 10, child automatically becomes a citizen then (irrespective of immigration status), if not an Australian citizen already.

The U.K does have a provision which allows non-British children born in the U.K. to temporary resident parents can be registered as British citizens as soon as parents get PR. But this is not replicated in Australian law.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 - PR question

Thanks for the reply. I thought that would be the case but just wanted to make sure.