457 TO PR - HOW LONG GENERALLY?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

tommygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 TO PR - HOW LONG GENERALLY?

hi everyone- could anyone tell me how long after you enter australia on a 457 employer sponsored visa, it takes before you and spouse can apply for permanent residency? any info much appreciated - thanks
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

c_vaseer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 TO PR - HOW LONG GENERALLY?

Originally Posted by tommygirl
hi everyone- could anyone tell me how long after you enter australia on a 457 employer sponsored visa, it takes before you and spouse can apply for permanent residency? any info much appreciated - thanks
Hello

After coming here on a 457 Temporary Long Stay Business Visa one pathway towards PR is through the Employer Nomination Scheme - SC 856.

This is again an employer nominated visa but is for permanent migration.

With reference to your question, you need to satisfy one of the following to apply for PR through the 856 SC.

1) If holding a 457, having worked in the nominated position for 2 years before the visa application is made, and having worked a minimum of 12 of those months with the nominating employer; OR

2) Being nominated to work in a highly skilled senior level executive position, attracting a remuneration of more than AU$165,000 annually; OR

3) Have a positive skills assessment in your nominated highly skilled occupation, plus at least 3 years fulltime work experience in your nominated occupation unless exceptional circumstances apply.

I hope this assists you.

Regards

Christine Vaseer
Vaseer Migration Consulting (VMC)
MARN: 0640357
MIA No.: 3293

www.vaseermigration.com
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommygirl

Depends on your circumstances:

If you can't get a skills assessment to apply for GSM visa, you may be able to do this when in Australia.

If you can get skills assessment but do not score enough points, working in Australia for 12 months could score you an extra 10 points and you could then apply for GSM visa if you then meet the pass-mark

If you can get a skills assessment and the company is prepared to sponsor yo ufor a permanent visa, they can do that straight away as long as other requirements are met

If you can't get skills assessment then working for the sponsor for 2 years then allows them to sponsor you for permanent visa without requirement for skills assessment.

Many other requirements have to be met e.g. occupation on ENSOL for Employer Nomination, under 45 (can be waived for Employer Nomination and RSMS

Regional sponsorship (RSMS) may also be possible sooner rather than later
If you can't get a skills assessment

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

tommygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks for your replies - much appreciated
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I'm here on a 457 visa and applied for PR going through the independent route (175) visa. I put the application in after a year of being here on the 457.

That was last October and I'm still waiting to hear about the application