457 to PR

Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default 457 to PR

Hi,

We are currently based in WA and have been for the past seven months on a sponsored 457 visa.

My employer has offered to pay for our PR application after two years of continuous service however, we would like to apply as soon as possible and pay for it ourselves.

We are onshore and are trying to work out which visa would be most applicable. My profession is on the list and we could go for state sponsorship.

Is this a 176 visa ?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:33 am
New Member from India

ozozozoioioi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 to PR

Even though you are onshore, you might have to apply for offshore visa, either 175 or 176. When you are granted one of them, you might have to depart and re-enter Australia.

176 is ok if you intend to work in WA only for a certain commited time-period (2 years?!) 176 is a State-sponsored visa, therefore, you need to find an occupation suitable to yours and listed in the WA sponsor list.

175 on the other hand allows you to move freely to any state from the day it is granted.

Goodluck!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colonel
Hi,

We are currently based in WA and have been for the past seven months on a sponsored 457 visa.

My employer has offered to pay for our PR application after two years of continuous service however, we would like to apply as soon as possible and pay for it ourselves.

We are onshore and are trying to work out which visa would be most applicable. My profession is on the list and we could go for state sponsorship.

Is this a 176 visa ?
A state sponsored visa is the 176 yes. Your occupation would need to be on two lists, the SOL and the WA sponsorship list.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Thanks. Just out of curiousity, would an 886 be more applicable than a 176 ?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Just out of curiousity, would an 886 be more applicable than a 176 ?
It is a completely different visa, do you meet the criteria? i.e. did you study / graduate in Australia recently?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

No, I studdied in the UK and looking at the Immi site:

This visa is for you if you are in Australia and you are one of the following:

•an overseas student or former overseas student
•a holder of a Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) or Skilled – Recognised Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 476)
•a holder of a Trade Skills Training visa (subclass 471).
Would a 886 visa be an applicable route ?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,

No, I studdied in the UK and looking at the Immi site:

Would a 886 visa be an applicable route ?
Well you have just said that you are not an overseas student or graduate, i.e. not one of the people in the list you posted, so how could it be an applicable route for you?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

I studied in the UK and hence, fall into the "former overseas student" category...therefore, is the 886 route applicable ?

I am sorry that you have not understood the context of my post and trust this reply gives you the correct information so as to make a more valuable contribution to this thread.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:09 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

The 886 is for overseas graduates who have studied in Australia. It's badly worded but doesn't mean graduates of overseas institutions it means graduates of Australian institutions who are from overseas. There are no onshore categories for independent applicants only Employer Sponsored applications.

The 176 or 175 are your best bet.

Good luck.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I studied in the UK and hence, fall into the "former overseas student" category...therefore, is the 886 route applicable ?

I am sorry that you have not understood the context of my post and trust this reply gives you the correct information so as to make a more valuable contribution to this thread.
It quite clearly states that this visa is (might be) for you if you are in Australia as an overseas student. As for making a valuable contribution to your thread well I have answered you and it is hardly my fault if you can't read.

I shall now unsubscribe, I have no intention of wasting my time on posters who seem to think it is ok to be rude to people who use their free time offering advice to others for no personal gain.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks tking for your response. That has cleared it up
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have no intention of wasting my time on posters who seem to think it is ok to be rude to people who use their free time offering advice to others for no personal gain.
I've noticed this is something you do ocassionally.
Waste your time on morons that is.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:50 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Is this a 176 visa ?
Have you asked your employer if they will sponsor you now if you pay the costs?