457 - PR

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:16 am
Just Joined

adrianm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 - PR

I am in need of your help/assistance with the routes to Perm Residence from a 457 visa.

I currently hold a 457 and have been with my employer for 5 months. Prior to this I had a 457 for 2.5 months with another employer. This was following a move to North Queensland. I was in Sydney before this and held a 457 from January this year until mid April, when I moved. Initially I entered Australia in June 2007 on a WHV. All in all I have held a 457 visa for close to 11/12 months and a WHV for 6 months.

I was in a realtionship (not married) with an Aussie Citizen and we have a child from this relationship. We have recently seperated and I need to ensure I have full rights to remain in the country.

Your time and help really is appreciated
Adrian
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:44 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 - PR

Time on a 457 can be helpful in bumping up your points for a independent skilled migrant visa (175) - but if your employer is willing and able to sponsor you, you may qualify for ENS.

What work do you do?
What are your qualifications?
Did you work in this area prior to your WHV?
What work did you do on your WHV?

If you can give more detail it is likely we can give you more assistance.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:48 am
Just Joined

adrianm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.

I work as a recruitment consultant and have done so for over 5 years both ehre and in the UK. When I arrived on the WHV I started in a recruiting role immediately in Sydney.

I have no formal qualifications which rules out the highly skilled personal visa, I think.

Adrian
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adrianm1
Thanks for your reply.

I work as a recruitment consultant and have done so for over 5 years both ehre and in the UK. When I arrived on the WHV I started in a recruiting role immediately in Sydney.

I have no formal qualifications which rules out the highly skilled personal visa, I think.
You need some urgent professional advice - try George Lombard in Sydney - as you may need to plan for a ministerial intervention case to remain in Australia if other options do not work out.