Wikiposts

457.....please read.

Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice
Default Re: 457.....please read.

Originally Posted by Alec
Hi
Sorry to hear about your bad break, 4 days is ridiculous! I had a similar experience, after 3 months my sponsor told me he was letting me go due to lack of work.. That was October. We have a 176 application in the pipeline so we decided not to get another temp visa. We are still waiting for our 176, we are being held up by spanish authorities taking their time sending our checks to DIAC. so i am now looking for a sponsor, even though it might only be for a couple of weeks, but we have run out of money! does anyone know the current turn round times for a 457?
Good luck to you.
what visa have you been on whilst waiting for PR, i was told the only one i could go on is a visitors visa which neither of us can work, which is no good as we have 2 children and do not have the finances to support ourselves...they really don't make it easy...how long did you wait to recieve a letter to say you has 28 days???
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Alec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the rough

we came here on a 457 but that job didn't work out, so we had to find another job which i did straight away, file a new 457 application which took about 4 weeks. In the meantime we applied for a 176 visa which should be with us anytime hence my reluctance to spend another $1300 on a new 457 visa. But we so desperate for money now we have to which knowing how our luck has gone in recent months could come at the same time as the PR. It is sooooooooo frustrating.
when are you hoping to travel?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Alec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the rough

as for the letter giving us 28 days we haven't had it yet, my agent advised it could take months if it comes at all!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

[quote=holly30;7131713]
Originally Posted by olauf
I'm so sorry for you.

i didn't realise you could do that i have been looking at queensland state gov, but they don't seem to sponsr trades...unless i'm wrong?
i will have a look at WA i have just sent off for my skill assessment, so fingers crossed that comes back o.k

if you hear of any jobs please let me know..things are getting desperate.
holly

yous should be fine in terms of skill assessment moreso you now have Aussie experiences.
Here is the link to WA state gov http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/
Will try to find some ads for you..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

Awful story, hope you get something soon.
What does your OH do? Have you applied to Hairdressing colleges to work as a trainer? They may pay for you to do more quals etc?

Good luck
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Alec's lack of letter is encouraging - also the recent review of 457 agreed 28 days isn't enough and recommended 90 days. You may find that DIAC are more flexible about how long you have if they send you a letter at all.

Keep at it I am sure you'll find something soon - even if the money is lousy it'll buy you some time.