457.....please read.

Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:05 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice
Default 457.....please read.

I just wanted to share my story with you guys applying on the 457 visa.
I was offered a job from the u.k back in sept 08, my family and i arrived in oz in oct thats my husband and 2 children.
we had sold everything in the u.k and was heading over here for a new life, my visa was in place and i started my job as a hairdresser.
We had already been out here in 2007 for a year where i updated my skills as a hairdresser so it was like coming home to us, the children have gone back to their old schools, my husband got a job staright away and everthing was great.
Until 4 days into my yes 4 days my employer advised me that she couldn't sponsor me any more and she was notifying the depatment, she was selling the salon!!!!!
As you can imagine my whole world came tumbling down, i had worked a whole year in the u.k to secure a sponsor.

I felt i had to let people know that being sponsored is not a secure, definate way to stay here, i was niave to think that once your sponsored, your sponsored!!! that is not the case and they can cease there responsibilities at anytime.
Coming over here on the 457 visa is a big risk, just don't get in the same position as me, running around like a blue arse fly trying to find another sponsor, its stressful and hard work.
I hope it all works out for everyone applying and good luck in your new jobs
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457.....please read.

Originally Posted by holly30
I was offered a job from the u.k back in sept 08, my family and i arrived in oz in oct thats my husband and 2 children.
we had sold everything in the u.k and was heading over here for a new life, my visa was in place and i started my job as a hairdresser.
We had already been out here in 2007 for a year where i updated my skills as a hairdresser so it was like coming home to us, the children have gone back to their old schools, my husband got a job staright away and everthing was great.
Until 4 days into my yes 4 days my employer advised me that she couldn't sponsor me any more and she was notifying the depatment, she was selling the salon!!!!!
As you can imagine my whole world came tumbling down, i had worked a whole year in the u.k to secure a sponsor.

I felt i had to let people know that being sponsored is not a secure, definate way to stay here, i was niave to think that once your sponsored, your sponsored!!! that is not the case and they can cease there responsibilities at anytime.
Coming over here on the 457 visa is a big risk, just don't get in the same position as me, running around like a blue arse fly trying to find another sponsor, its stressful and hard work.
so sorry to hear this - have you looked at another sponser ? could your hubby not get sponserd for his job?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:46 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

hi, i have not stopped looking since it happened the problem that i am coming up against is the minimum wage, employers are not prepared to pay that especially in qld where i am, for hairdressers.
i've been looking interstate too but the time of year hasn't helped.
they won't sponsor my hubby either, so its a bit of a nightmare.
i still have time to keep looking, but its taking over my life....lol...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, a 457 is a temporary visa and it is, or should be, known by people who apply for one what the conditions are.

As a hairdresser can you not make the points on your skill to apply for a permanent visa? Take a look at www.immi.gov.au for what you might be eligible for.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Alec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the rough

Hi
Sorry to hear about your bad break, 4 days is ridiculous! I had a similar experience, after 3 months my sponsor told me he was letting me go due to lack of work.. That was October. We have a 176 application in the pipeline so we decided not to get another temp visa. We are still waiting for our 176, we are being held up by spanish authorities taking their time sending our checks to DIAC. so i am now looking for a sponsor, even though it might only be for a couple of weeks, but we have run out of money! does anyone know the current turn round times for a 457?
Good luck to you.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alec
Hi
Sorry to hear about your bad break, 4 days is ridiculous! I had a similar experience, after 3 months my sponsor told me he was letting me go due to lack of work.. That was October. We have a 176 application in the pipeline so we decided not to get another temp visa. We are still waiting for our 176, we are being held up by spanish authorities taking their time sending our checks to DIAC. so i am now looking for a sponsor, even though it might only be for a couple of weeks, but we have run out of money! does anyone know the current turn round times for a 457?
Good luck to you.
can be upto a 8 weeks however they can do them in a few days
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Alec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the roughAlec is a jewel in the rough

Thanks hitchcock, you sound like my agent!!!!! My 176 could be tomorrow or it might be May!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks hitchcock, you sound like my agent!!!!! My 176 could be tomorrow or it might be May!!!!
sorry - i have read people in au getting their visa in a few days and others a few weeks - think it depends on the office

they do seem to be quicker over here than back in blighty
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks, it is so frustrating just waiting, we are in a real limbo.

How's things in Yangebup, i have done a few jobs around there but we are in Joondalup.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

OK thanks, it is so frustrating just waiting, we are in a real limbo.

How's things in Yangebup, i have done a few jobs around there but we are in Joondalup.
ah! what do you do?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

carpenter/joiner but will do anything worthwhile that brings in a buck
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

hi, i have not stopped looking since it happened the problem that i am coming up against is the minimum wage, employers are not prepared to pay that especially in qld where i am, for hairdressers.
i've been looking interstate too but the time of year hasn't helped.
they won't sponsor my hubby either, so its a bit of a nightmare.
i still have time to keep looking, but its taking over my life....lol...

I'm so sorry for you.

With the changes brought to the skill migration progam, either you our your OH should consider applying for one of the 500 sponshorship visa with a state or terrirtory. In WA, hairdressing in on the priority list. Maybe easier for you to get a new sponsor 7 job in regional WA.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

carpenter/joiner but will do anything worthwhile that brings in a buck
what work did you do round my neck of the woods?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

hanging doors, i worked for doors plus
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:17 am
burleigh chick

[QUOTE=olauf;7130999]I'm so sorry for you.

i didn't realise you could do that i have been looking at queensland state gov, but they don't seem to sponsr trades...unless i'm wrong?
i will have a look at WA i have just sent off for my skill assessment, so fingers crossed that comes back o.k

if you hear of any jobs please let me know..things are getting desperate.
holly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.