457 Panic

Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 457 Panic

I have sent my details to Fragomen for my 457 Visa.
I have the job on condition of the visa.
My situation is that my wife (married 1999) and i have 3 children.
The eldest is not mine by birth, but his mother and I have been together since he was 3 (he has just turned 19).
He is currently living at home and is at University.
HAs anyone ever appplied for a Visa with a similar situation?
Should we be worrying?
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 Panic

No need to worry IMO, although someone else might know otherwise. At 19 and in full time education he is still dependent on you and your wife. You wouldn't need permission from his birth father because of his age.

If granted a visa with him included as a dependent he would need to go to Australia to validate his visa but could then return to finish his studies.

Your problems might arise when you decide to apply for PR if that was your plan. In that he could be much older and possibly no longer dependent.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

What would happen if we applied for PR as soon as we are eligable?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weezypenguin
What would happen if we applied for PR as soon as we are eligable?
Children can be included so long as they under 25 and still dependent, which means they must be in education not just having subsidised living off you.

Are you not eligible for a PR visa now? If not, what do you expect to change that will make you eligible.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

We are going over on my visa. My Wife is a pre school teacher.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 3:20 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weezypenguin
I have sent my details to Fragomen for my 457 Visa.
I have the job on condition of the visa.
My situation is that my wife (married 1999) and i have 3 children.
The eldest is not mine by birth, but his mother and I have been together since he was 3 (he has just turned 19).
He is currently living at home and is at University.
HAs anyone ever appplied for a Visa with a similar situation?
Should we be worrying?
Thanks
Might be a good idea to put these questions direct to Fragomen; hopefully they would advise their client, your employer, to sponsor you for PR.

Cheers,

George Lombard