457 Medical or Just X Ray?

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default 457 Medical or Just X Ray?

Hi all
I am so glad this site is here in the middle of the night when i start freaking out about all the things that could still go wrong. Applying under 457, keep seeing conflicting advise re Medical or Chest x Ray only. It is me, OH 16yr old and 11yr old, i had some health problems a year ago and i'm worried that if they ask for medical i might not get in - fit and well now - any advise?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Medical or Just X Ray?

Originally Posted by Angib
Hi all
I am so glad this site is here in the middle of the night when i start freaking out about all the things that could still go wrong. Applying under 457, keep seeing conflicting advise re Medical or Chest x Ray only. It is me, OH 16yr old and 11yr old, i had some health problems a year ago and i'm worried that if they ask for medical i might not get in - fit and well now - any advise?
Hi Angib
Ive recently applied online for my 457 visa. Depending on how you answer the questions re: being in hospital or school situation, will determine whether you need a medical or xray. After I filled in these questions my medical requirements were highlighted for me. I need both as im a nurse going to be working in a hospital. My kids are 16 & 10 and will be attending schools. The 16 year old will need both but the 10 year old only a medical -( xray for under 12's). My OH not working in hosps or schools so only needs xray. With being a nurse I need all the blood tests too. Hope this is of help.
Are you applying online?
Jill
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Hi Angib
Ive recently applied online for my 457 visa. Depending on how you answer the questions re: being in hospital or school situation, will determine whether you need a medical or xray. After I filled in these questions my medical requirements were highlighted for me. I need both as im a nurse going to be working in a hospital. My kids are 16 & 10 and will be attending schools. The 16 year old will need both but the 10 year old only a medical -( xray for under 12's). My OH not working in hosps or schools so only needs xray. With being a nurse I need all the blood tests too. Hope this is of help.
Are you applying online?
Jill
Yes, applying online just trying to get all docs certified first- i'm social worker so not sure of exact job location yet (probably community setting though) Appreciate the advise - dreading the medical for my 16yr old as he is petrified of needles - major trauma even seeing a needle being used on someone else.
Good luck with your meds,

Angi
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Hi

We came out on a 457 visa. I had to have full meds for my occupation. I was advised by my sponsor to get all the family full meds.

When we applied for the PR visa (857) three months after arriving, we thought the medicals were sorted but as my eldest had turned 11 whilst being here, he then needed a full medical and as this was unlikely to be with immigrations prior to the 1 year, we all had to have them done again. Cost us a fortune.

Debs