457 medical advice

Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:34 am
Just Joined

dalbrun is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 457 medical advice

Good morning

I'm in the process of applying online for a temp 457 visa. I have had a electronic x-ray which has been received. I was hoping to have a medical done asap but have been told that its not possible without a referral letter. I have emailed my case officer but have had no reply. From reading posts on this forum I have seen that some people have 'front loaded' their information can anyone tell me what this involves and does it help.
Any advice gratefully received.
Good luck everyone!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 medical advice

Hello,
we are on a 457 and did not have a referral letter. We just put on our online visa application number. Then sent it to the Oz medical place.
You should be able to book it now if your doing the online form.

We sent it ourselves via DHL courier. I would recommend them for getting it to Sydey asap.

GEMS
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Hello Gems

My plan was to use an e-medical Panel Doctor as this seems to cut down the waiting times. They don't seem to want to do the medical without a referral letter. I will have to try another email to my case officer I think. Thanks for replying.

Darren

Last edited by dalbrun; Sep 24th 2007 at 2:19 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dalbrun
Hello Gems

My plan was to use an e-medical Panel Doctor as this seems to cut down the waiting times. They don't seem to want to do the medical without a referral letter. I will have to try another email to my case officer I think. Thanks for replying.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Do you have the list of Australian Panel Doctors in the UK? You can find some other information regarding medicals here as well: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/index.htm

Best,
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Hi Darren,
Do you have the list of Australian Panel Doctors in the UK? You can find some other information regarding medicals here as well: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/index.htm

Best,
Hello Kathryn,
There are two doctors in London that can do the e-medical and both have told me that I need a referral letter.
I have also been told that for a temp 457 I might not require a medical so I am a little confused.
Will have a look at your link and see if I can find the relevent information.
Thanks for your help.
Darren.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hello Kathryn,
There are two doctors in London that are able to do the e-medical and both have told me that I need a referral letter before I can have the medical.
I also have beem told that for a temp 457 I might not need a medical depending on profession so I'm a little confused.
Will check out your link and hopefully find the infomation I need.
Thanks for your help.
Darren.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals for 457 differ depending on job.
Eg, those in medical field or working in schools need full medical exam and
x ray.

Me and teen just needed a chest x ray. No medical exam needed.

The other kids had no x ray and just a basic medical exam as under 10.

GEMS
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you need a full medical?

We only had x-ray - but if you're a nurse etc then I think you do.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I get the feeling you might be right perhaps I don't need to have a medical, that would explain the missing referral letter!
Thank you all for your help.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

We have just submitted an e 457. We are being told if it is for 12 months or less and if you won't be expecting to go into medical places/classrooms you don't need any medical x ray at all. Our kids have just had basic medicals so they can go to school. As they are under 11 no x ray needed. Form 1163i from DIAC explains whats usually required

Safin
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

and another note ......

Just sent my medical via interparcel (DHL) as so many others have.

The driver tried to insist on opening the envelope despite being told it would void the medicals.

Eventually went to the depot who told me they could x ray it instead but the driver obviously didn't want to make that decision.

Apparently a security clampdown may have provoked this response.

The reason I was posting it was that the DR would only send it international signed for not by courier......
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Safin,

Good luck with your application. I will opt for a e-medical if needed it's more expensive but at least you don't have to deal with couriers
Darren.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I tried that but as far as I could tell it's only x rays that can be done that way and I've only heard of it 2 places in london
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:25 am
Just Joined

I know there are two places in London that do e-medicals not sure on the rest of the country though.