457 and family

Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:21 am
Just Joined

freefoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 and family

Hi folks....I'm in Oz holding subclass 457. Missing my darlings much....
How can i bring my family down under? Should I submit a new visa application for everyone or add my kid and wife somehow to existent one?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 and family

Originally Posted by freefoll
Hi folks....I'm in Oz holding subclass 457. Missing my darlings much....
How can i bring my family down under? Should I submit a new visa application for everyone or add my kid and wife somehow to existent one?
If you're on a 457 you should have had them on the application in the first place, surely? Why didn't you include them?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: 457 and family

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you're on a 457 you should have had them on the application in the first place.......
We did't have any plans on immigration in the first place. Short-term job has become long-term job........

I hope someone has an answer on my enquiry..... Hate lonelyness..
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

I was in virtually the same situation. My missus came over with me on an ETA. I had neglected to include her on my 457. We went and talked to the immigration service and found out she was allowed to be added later. I went and talked to the manager of my company, who talked to his manager etc etc and eventually to human resources who agreed to add her as well. It didn't cost the company anything but cost us under $200. The only thing the company was worried about was she is entitled to the same medical cover etc as I am, so now they are responsible for 2 people. (They are now going to sponsor me for residency as well)

Go and talk to your manager as they are allowed to be added at a later date.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Billy_NoMates
..........they are allowed to be added at a later date.
Thanks Billy that's what I wanted to hear!!