457 - Applicant Approved ...now what ???

Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Global-151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 457 - Applicant Approved ...now what ???

I assume I have to send our passports to the embassy, but ive had no instructions
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 - Applicant Approved ...now what ???

Originally Posted by Global-151
I assume I have to send our passports to the embassy, but ive had no instructions
On a 475 you dont have to send your passport off. You can fly over here go to immi within 4 weeks and they will put a little sticker in your passport and thats it. Start of your new life. Mind you still have to sort out all the house, job , saying goodby to family & friends Good luck
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply but can I just check do you mean a 457 ....

Just want to be sure as I think there is a 475 but thats not what ive got
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PAP01
On a 475 you dont have to send your passport off. You can fly over here go to immi within 4 weeks and they will put a little sticker in your passport and thats it. Start of your new life. Mind you still have to sort out all the house, job , saying goodby to family & friends Good luck
Does this mean that once you have the 457 you only have 4 weeks to go to Australia or does this mean that you can go within 4 weeks to Australia with no evidence if you go later you need to get the evidence in the passport?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Global-151
Hi G151,

You can certainly get the label inserted in your passport by a local Australian mission prior to departure. Citizens of ETA eligible countries are normally also able to have the label inserted after arrival in Australia however to confirm you would need to obtain the subclass 457 grant email which your employer should have received if you haven't.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi G151,

You can certainly get the label inserted in your passport by a local Australian mission prior to departure. Citizens of ETA eligible countries are normally also able to have the label inserted after arrival in Australia however to confirm you would need to obtain the subclass 457 grant email which your employer should have received if you haven't.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George,
Thanks for the response,

Id rather have it in our passports before we go (comfort thing) are you saying I can send it to Australia House in London in advance
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry 457 not 475. All the info you need is in the email AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATION OF SUBCLASS 457 VISA APPLICATION APPROVAL , that you get sent.