457 to 857 Cost involved

Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:19 am
Just Joined

DOUBLE A is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 457 to 857 Cost involved

Does anyone out there know how much it would cost to apply for Permanent residency,whilst holding a 457Visa.
Have looked at Australian immigration site but it only mentions fees for other subclasses not a 457.
I am totally confused.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 to 857 Cost involved

Gonna bump this one up as i am interested in the response
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

We got 857 ganted last July and had to have all our meds done again (even though ours were still in date because eldest son had turned 11). We also had to pay for new police checks because of the delay.

I am sure we had to pay a visa application charge but have been through the check book and can't find anything. Think we had to do a bankers check so not sure if I can trace it.

Debs
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:21 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

You would pay $2060 which is the cost for employer sponsored visas when applying onshore, the current 457 is already paid for and nothing to do with your application for PR..if that makes sense
The fees are here

I'm on 457 in the process of applying for PR and this is what I paid
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Just found this.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-permanent.htm

Debs
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi

we applied last week for rsms whilst we are in oz on 457 cost was 2060 dollars. not sure on how long it takes our police checks and meds still valid at minute but may expire depending on processing time

sarah
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Am i correct in thinking that i need to be there two years before we can apply? Or can i get my sponser to sponser PR before then?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

If you read my previous post, the employer applied after a few months. We arrived 30th July and company applied for PR in November of the same year.

On the 457 I was tied to the employer for 4 years but once the 857 was granted new conditions came into play which means I only have to be there for 2 years from date of 857 being granted.

Debs
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
If you read my previous post, the employer applied after a few months. We arrived 30th July and company applied for PR in November of the same year.

On the 457 I was tied to the employer for 4 years but once the 857 was granted new conditions came into play which means I only have to be there for 2 years from date of 857 being granted.

Debs

Hi Debs.... how long did the 857 take to be granted?
We are applying from Sa and we trying to find out what sort of time frame we looking at ... nobody really answers with their experience including how long it toook...

Look forward to hearing from you
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The company set the ball rolling in November but the final paperwork wasn't submitted until January. We had a problem with the medicals. Was advised to have full ones done in the UK but my eldest turned 11 during our time here so needed full meds. We were advised by immigrations that by the time his had gone through, ours would possibly have been out of date so decided to get all the family done again. It got to the middle of June and had heard nothing so decided to apply for police checks again as ours expired on the
1st July. Whilst waiting for them to come through, I received a phone call on 3rd July to say our visa had been granted. Couldn't really understand as our police checks had expired (as just mentioned) but wasn't in a position to question.

Debs
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

The company set the ball rolling in November but the final paperwork wasn't submitted until January. We had a problem with the medicals. Was advised to have full ones done in the UK but my eldest turned 11 during our time here so needed full meds. We were advised by immigrations that by the time his had gone through, ours would possibly have been out of date so decided to get all the family done again. It got to the middle of June and had heard nothing so decided to apply for police checks again as ours expired on the
1st July. Whilst waiting for them to come through, I received a phone call on 3rd July to say our visa had been granted. Couldn't really understand as our police checks had expired (as just mentioned) but wasn't in a position to question.

Debs

Thanks..... we are hoping for that period too... we haven't lodged yet but everything it in Australia and hoping to lodge soon....
Where to from there.... do you send your passports off for visas or how does that work...
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Following the phone call from immigrations, I received an email explaining what to do. We posted our passports to Perth (with a copy of the email) and they posted them back.

What you must remember to do is go to medicare with the new visa's and they will re-issue your cards as PR. We also had to advise the banks etc of our new status.

Debs
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Following the phone call from immigrations, I received an email explaining what to do. We posted our passports to Perth (with a copy of the email) and they posted them back.

What you must remember to do is go to medicare with the new visa's and they will re-issue your cards as PR. We also had to advise the banks etc of our new status.

Debs
PR?

Phew ... cant wait... we do have a couple of issues so are anticipating a side step here or there... our Agent said 9 months but I am sure that is worst case senario....

Thanks 4 info - really helpful...

What area are you in?
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with your application.

This one wasn't as stressful as the 457 because we were already here.

We are in Bunbury, WA. How long have you been over here?

Debs
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with your application.

This one wasn't as stressful as the 457 because we were already here.

We are in Bunbury, WA. How long have you been over here?

Debs
Thanks - we need it.

We are not there yet !! Still in SA. We have a position secured and have signed the employment contract. Application going in next week... just a waiting game now ...

Hoping to be there in January !!!! IF NOT SOONER.... The job is 650kms outside Brisbane ... very rural...

Looking forward to starting our new life....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.