43 weeks and counting

Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandnick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 43 weeks and counting

Would it be considered bad form to enquire about my application at 44 weeks? Now to me it doesn't seem unreasonable given my ack letter stated a likely processing time of 50 weeks and I've heard that you are generally notified it can take up to 8 weeks to receive a result once meds are sent.

Given that I've not had a med request yet, its looking increasingly unlikely for an assessment time of 50 weeks.

What do you think? Does anyone have an appropriate email address that won't get the standard 'dont bother us' response?

Views greatly appreciated

Sarah
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 43 weeks and counting

Originally Posted by sarahandnick
Would it be considered bad form to enquire about my application at 44 weeks? Now to me it doesn't seem unreasonable given my ack letter stated a likely processing time of 50 weeks and I've heard that you are generally notified it can take up to 8 weeks to receive a result once meds are sent.

Given that I've not had a med request yet, its looking increasingly unlikely for an assessment time of 50 weeks.

What do you think? Does anyone have an appropriate email address that won't get the standard 'dont bother us' response?

Sarah
Hi Sarah

I presume you are a January 04 lodged application - ASPC are supposed to get letters out to all January cases by the end of this week - give them another week for postage and another week for luck and take away the number you first thought of = so if you don't get anything by the 2nd week of December, I'll give you the manager's contact Email.

Please confirm your actual received date as per your Acknowledgment letter

Regards

Tony
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Thanks for that, its the not knowing anything that drives you crazy. Yes my app was acknowledged on 30/01/04.

Do you happen to know if you require certified copies of new passport and marriage cert if married during application process? Would hate to waste even more time.....and got no sense when I asked dimia.

Thanks again,
Sarah
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony

Thanks for that, its the not knowing anything that drives you crazy. Yes my app was acknowledged on 30/01/04.

Do you happen to know if you require certified copies of new passport and marriage cert if married during application process? Would hate to waste even more time.....and got no sense when I asked dimia.

Thanks again,
Sarah
Yes, do send certified copies of both as it is important the visa record is correct when they send to AHC London for evidencing of the visas - any discrepancy could result in a delay of a couple of weeks.

Regards

Tony
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tony - Will do.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Loz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Just noticed your timeline. We are on week 44, application lodged 21/01/2004 and still waiting!!! 136 skilled independant. Agent has advised us to expect to hear after christmas. Let us know when you hear anything!!!

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah,

136 non modl, jan applicant still awaiting med requests. Iam in the same confusion as you..

I guess we need to wait for couple more weeks before we mail or call dimia.

Cheers,
RJ
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:39 am
Just Joined

brendon_tudor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loz1
Hi Sarah,

Just noticed your timeline. We are on week 44, application lodged 21/01/2004 and still waiting!!! 136 skilled independant. Agent has advised us to expect to hear after christmas. Let us know when you hear anything!!!

Thanks
We're in week 44 as well (skilled independent 136 non modl). DIMIA acknowledged app received on 20/01/04. We decided to get medicals done at beginning of November and also sent PCCs on 08/11/04. Hopefully it was the right thing to do. However, we have still not heard anything since the acknowledgement letter.
Bren
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

brendon_tudor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brendon_tudor
We're in week 44 as well (skilled independent 136 non modl). DIMIA acknowledged app received on 20/01/04. We decided to get medicals done at beginning of November and also sent PCCs on 08/11/04. Hopefully it was the right thing to do. However, we have still not heard anything since the acknowledgement letter.
Bren
UPDATE - Got home to find yellow envelope in letterbox containing meds request!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Loz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brendon_tudor
UPDATE - Got home to find yellow envelope in letterbox containing meds request!
congratulations Bren!!

Hopefully we should hear something soon.

Lorraine
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:31 pm
Coupland

Good news, Our Ack has the same date as yours so hopefully we might hear
something in the next couple of days

Rich

"Loz1" <member18429@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > UPDATE - Got home to find yellow envelope in letterbox containing meds
    > > request!
    > congratulations Bren!!
    > Hopefully we should hear something soon.
    > Lorraine
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com