Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

(417) minor criminal record, does it show on VISA?

(417) minor criminal record, does it show on VISA?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:01 am
Just Joined

macnas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (417) minor criminal record, does it show on VISA?

Dear all

Have searched the forum but was unable to find a reply.

I would like to apply for a working holiday visa but have a minor criminal record which happened four years ago.

What does the VISA look like??

My question to you is, when you get the visa, Does it say on it that you have a “record”.

For example , when showing the visa to a possible employer, is there a note “saying” criminal record?

Do you even have to show the visa to the employer??

Best regards
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:37 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice
Default Re: (417) minor criminal record, does it show on VISA?

Hello Macnas,
The visa does not show if you have any sort of criminal record. You will need to show the visa to prospective employers.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks for swift reply Stephen

Have I understood it correctly if I say that this means that a” future” employer in AU will never be aware of a record unless you mention it since not shown on visa.

Of course the record may prevent a visitor from being granted a visa in the first place but that is another story.

Many thanks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macnas
Thanks for swift reply Stephen

Have I understood it correctly if I say that this means that a” future” employer in AU will never be aware of a record unless you mention it since not shown on visa.

Of course the record may prevent a visitor from being granted a visa in the first place but that is another story.

Many thanks
MAny employers will ask about previous criminal records. The onus is on the applicant to be honest.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
MAny employers will ask about previous criminal records. The onus is on the applicant to be honest.
Of course and I intend to be, but my question was whether or not it was shown on the visa.

Will of course also mention on the application for the visa since I believe its better to be honest...may end up in trouble later if no.t
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macnas
Of course and I intend to be, but my question was whether or not it was shown on the visa.

Will of course also mention on the application for the visa since I believe its better to be honest...may end up in trouble later if no.t
No, it won't be shown on the visa, nor do DIAC pass on details like that