316 visa

Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

coops432 is on a distinguished road
Default 316 visa

Hi,

Just found the site by luck really, I have just started my skills assessment thankfully before the sept. Has anyone here done the skills visa as a fully qualified vehicle mechanic?

I have 12 years experience so fingers crossed i should pass it ok. My certs are C&G motor vehicle craft studies level 3 in both heavy and light vehicles. Also have service and repair of motor vehicles level 3.

I'm currently in the RAF, has anyone been in my situation that can give some advice about these cert's.

Thanks
Paul.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 316 visa

Hi there

Have you not lodged it yet? Because getting old refs etc. does take a while, if you want to avoid the 1st of September you really should get cracking!

The key to references and old statements for the TRA is the detail of the tasks and duties done. These MUST be stated/listed in references, and in your piece of writing, you must name ALL tools and equipment explicitly and explain all tasks that you have done.

No detail is too small - that's the best tip - include everything.

Good luck!

Nick
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

coops432 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 316 visa

hi, what do you mean by old referances and statements?

i didn't realise i had to state everything. this could take a while.

Paul