Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

309 partner visa (Temp) turning into 100 (Perm)

309 partner visa (Temp) turning into 100 (Perm)

Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 309 partner visa (Temp) turning into 100 (Perm)

What process did other people go through when turning the 2 year temp 309 visa into the permenant one?

I did this almost 2 years ago and I seem to remember having to fill out that bloody Form 80 again, but it occured to me I have no actual visa in my passport, and I can't find any email confirmation.

I must have it as I've been in and out the country since but I'm in the process of shipping some more stuff over from the UK and have to give copy of passport and visa to customs....it feels wrong giving them only a copy of my temp visa which expired last year

Did anyone get a physical copy when they made the upgrade to permenant?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:34 am
Just Joined

LittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud of
Default Re: 309 partner visa (Temp) turning into 100 (Perm)

I got a letter from DIAC confirming my permanent status when it was granted, but no visa label - you can get one, but you have to pay for it. Alternatively you could log into VEVO to check your status and print that out?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
What process did other people go through when turning the 2 year temp 309 visa into the permenant one?

I did this almost 2 years ago and I seem to remember having to fill out that bloody Form 80 again, but it occured to me I have no actual visa in my passport, and I can't find any email confirmation.

I must have it as I've been in and out the country since but I'm in the process of shipping some more stuff over from the UK and have to give copy of passport and visa to customs....it feels wrong giving them only a copy of my temp visa which expired last year

Did anyone get a physical copy when they made the upgrade to permenant?
You should have received a grant letter, but unless you sent your passport off to get a label then thats all you will have. The letter would've suggested you could get a label if you wanted one - you obviously didn't get one
You can contact DIAC and ask for a label for your passport if you wish, but it costs around $70
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

I've never used the VEVO thing, looks useful, can't work out what number it is I need to use to log on though!

I probably did get a letter, that rings a bell now I think about it, but it sounds like a passport label is unnecessary so I'll just send a copy of the main page.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Thanks for the replies.

I've never used the VEVO thing, looks useful, can't work out what number it is I need to use to log on though!

I probably did get a letter, that rings a bell now I think about it, but it sounds like a passport label is unnecessary so I'll just send a copy of the main page.
I think you have to contact DIAC and register to see your details on VEVO.
Labels aren't essential now so you should be ok giving them the passport and telling AQIS that your status can be confirmed by THEM checking VEVO - its for things like this that DIAC introduced it, and they will be able to check there.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/about-your-visa.htm