2nd yr WHV

Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

nortonw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd yr WHV

Hi, i was wondering if anybody could help me.

Basically I completed my 1st yr whv around 3yrs ago without completing the required amount of work to apply for the 2nd yr visa.
I now very much regret this and would like to go back out to Australia to travel and work. I have been offered some work out in oz as long as I can get the 2nd whv. (I dont want to run the risk of faking it and getting caught at the airport)
What i was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to return to oz on a tourist visa, to complete 88days of WWOOFing work or work in regional australia free of charge just to be able to apply for the 2nd yr visa?

Also if i am able to do this, would I also then require to leave the country to apply for the 2nd yr whv. Or could i apply as soon as the 88days is complete and then hopefully start my 2nd yr whv?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd yr WHV

Originally Posted by nortonw
What i was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to return to oz on a tourist visa, to complete 88days of WWOOFing work or work in regional australia free of charge just to be able to apply for the 2nd yr visa?
No you can't, you need to do the work whilst in Australia on a WHV. You are unable to apply for a 2nd WHV. It is quite clear on this page of the DIAC website.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2nd yr WHV

Sorry dude you can only qualify for 2nd WHV by meeting the requirements of the regional work on the 1st WHV. You missed your chance.