2nd stage spouse visa stat dec content

Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

livonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd stage spouse visa stat dec content

Originally Posted by suebeedoo
......And thats it
Wow, that's good, sounds like you don't need any extra docs then, that's great!!

Squaddie missus one of things we found out during the process was that they won't allocate you a CO until your 2 year anniversary is up. By which I mean the anniversary of the temp. spouse visa grant, because that is when eligibility dates from.

Our eligibility date was 11th July 2010. My husband's PR visa grant letter is dated the 3rd August 2010. So they were pretty quick. Hopefully that will be the same for you all.

It is a huge relief to have it all over and done with.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:18 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I'd read somewhere that it was the 2 year anniversary of the visa application being submitted as opposed to the grant? Perhaps I am wrong, in which case I'm disappointed as I was hoping for PR (subject to the backlog of course) being this year, if it's 2 years from grant then I've got to wait til next March - waaaaaah!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

livonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I thought I'd read somewhere that it was the 2 year anniversary of the visa application being submitted as opposed to the grant? Perhaps I am wrong, in which case I'm disappointed as I was hoping for PR (subject to the backlog of course) being this year, if it's 2 years from grant then I've got to wait til next March - waaaaaah!
In our case the day we submitted and the day it was granted were the same, as we had a booked interview in Sydney. I am fairly sure though that they used the words "date of grant" in the communications they had with my husband about this. However, I have been wrong about quite a few things in dealing with DIAC over the past few years, so I am not going to be definitive about anything anymore

The full time line was they sent us the paperwork in March, we had the application in by 4th May. We had to communicate with them because we didn't get the card back (the return card saying they had received it) and it was in asking about this that we were told twice that the application wouldn't be considered until our eligibility date was up, ie after 11th July.

Maybe someone else will know the answer to this.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Squaddie missus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livonia
In our case the day we submitted and the day it was granted were the same, as we had a booked interview in Sydney. I am fairly sure though that they used the words "date of grant" in the communications they had with my husband about this. However, I have been wrong about quite a few things in dealing with DIAC over the past few years, so I am not going to be definitive about anything anymore

The full time line was they sent us the paperwork in March, we had the application in by 4th May. We had to communicate with them because we didn't get the card back (the return card saying they had received it) and it was in asking about this that we were told twice that the application wouldn't be considered until our eligibility date was up, ie after 11th July.

Maybe someone else will know the answer to this.
We just checked our paperwork. Hubby was granted visa on 02.07.08 and we entered Australia on 12.09.10. We submitted our second stage and got the card back saying it was received 01.07.10. Not too long hopefully!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice

OK Ladies, that is it. Ive posted it off today. I will keep you informed of anything else they may require and let you know when/if I get my PR. and thank you all for your replies. You really are the best xxx
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice

Well, happy days, I sent off the paper work on the 15th Sept, they recieved it on the 20th Sept, and today on the 6th Oct, 3 weeks, I have got my notification of permanent residency How quick was that. They have asked for no evidence whatsoever, all I did was fill in the forms they sent along with a Stat Dec and hey presto.

Thank you once again for all your comments and help. I really do hope that it all goes as smoothly and easily for you all also.

Champagne time
Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Well, happy days, I sent off the paper work on the 15th Sept, they recieved it on the 20th Sept, and today on the 6th Oct, 3 weeks, I have got my notification of permanent residency How quick was that. They have asked for no evidence whatsoever, all I did was fill in the forms they sent along with a Stat Dec and hey presto.

Thank you once again for all your comments and help. I really do hope that it all goes as smoothly and easily for you all also.

Champagne time
Congrats!

So, it was approximately 3 weeks after the grant date. I am still unsure whether the clock starts from the grant date or the application date. I sent the docs in July but my grant was the end of September.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tina7
Congrats!

So, it was approximately 3 weeks after the grant date. I am still unsure whether the clock starts from the grant date or the application date. I sent the docs in July but my grant was the end of September.
The two year period starts from the original application date. Thus the time taken for the grant of the temp visa doesn't affect the actual two-year requirement for PR.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Squaddie missus is an unknown quantity at this point

Champagne time
Congrats! Hopefully we'll all be in your position soon. Our grant date for the temp visa was June 08 and we submitted our docs on 1 July 10. I reckon the delay for us might be the army issue. Hubby had to tick the box to say he had been part of a foreign fighting force or militia! Plus detailing where he'd lived for the past 10 years was interesting... Anyhoo, kick back and enjoy your champers!! Next stop: citizenship hey?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Trassel is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, that is great news!!!!!!! You must be so happy!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting - 11 weeks since immi got my docs tomorrow and my eligibility date was 26 June
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The two year period starts from the original application date. Thus the time taken for the grant of the temp visa doesn't affect the actual two-year requirement for PR.
Thanks for this.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Jess2710 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are just completely our 2nd stage visa and wondering if some one could help us with regards to the declaration, on the first page it asks the question "cross out whichever is inapplicable" a- live together or b-do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis. To us both of these mean the same thing, so do we not cross either of them out?

Appreciate the help

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jess2710
Hi we are just completely our 2nd stage visa and wondering if some one could help us with regards to the declaration, on the first page it asks the question "cross out whichever is inapplicable" a- live together or b-do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis. To us both of these mean the same thing, so do we not cross either of them out?

Appreciate the help

Thanks
Many Spouse Visa applicants are separated temporarily due to visa conditions, I imagined it was referring to that........
Old Jul 13th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

I took it to mean "we would be living together but there's a temporary reason why we live separately sometimes". I imagined a contract job or a fly-in-fly-out job away from home, perhaps.