Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

2nd stage Spouse Visa - permanent residency

2nd stage Spouse Visa - permanent residency

Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:14 am
Just Joined

crazyvisawoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd stage Spouse Visa - permanent residency

Hi All

I have been eligable to apply for the 2nd stage of the spouse visa permanent residency since Nov 09. Due to mix ups with my address etc i never recieved my letter to apply. I rang the dept in Jan to get them to resend but as I was going away on honeymoon they advised me to email canberra second stage processing centre on my return to start the process. Anyway so I returned back last week and emailed them straight away (Thurs 18th) and got an auto response saying they aim to get back to everyone in 5 days. So my question is have you had any experience emailing canberra and when did you get a response. Also what do I need for my application. I have already gotten my AFP clearance in the mail (for those who want to know it came back really quick- 4 days!) I just want to try and have everything ready to go so I can apply asap.

I would also love to hear your experience in submitting your second stage permanent visa application and how long did it take for you to recieve your visa?

Thanks and sorry for the long post! Its been so long since I have been on this site- looking forward to being a permanent resident so i can forget about visas!!

:-)
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd stage Spouse Visa - permanent residency

Originally Posted by crazyvisawoman
Hi All

I have been eligable to apply for the 2nd stage of the spouse visa permanent residency since Nov 09. Due to mix ups with my address etc i never recieved my letter to apply. I rang the dept in Jan to get them to resend but as I was going away on honeymoon they advised me to email canberra second stage processing centre on my return to start the process. Anyway so I returned back last week and emailed them straight away (Thurs 18th) and got an auto response saying they aim to get back to everyone in 5 days. So my question is have you had any experience emailing canberra and when did you get a response. Also what do I need for my application. I have already gotten my AFP clearance in the mail (for those who want to know it came back really quick- 4 days!) I just want to try and have everything ready to go so I can apply asap.

I would also love to hear your experience in submitting your second stage permanent visa application and how long did it take for you to recieve your visa?

Thanks and sorry for the long post! Its been so long since I have been on this site- looking forward to being a permanent resident so i can forget about visas!!

:-)
They will either ask you to simply update the information you gave originally - marriage certificate etc, or they will just want confirmation that you are still a couple. They don't ask for the same thing from everyone, so you will need to wait for the official letter.

However it won't hurt to get any new info together, they will definitely want to see the marriage certificate so get a certified copy done of that.