2nd Instalment VAC

Old May 15th 2010, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

iammay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd Instalment VAC

Hi all,

I've just received the pre-grant email and the 2nd instalment VAC invoice. As my husband cannot meet the English requirement, we are required to pay the 2nd instalment.

Our mind has been changed. My husband won't go to Oz with me. Can I withdraw his name on my application? Will it affect my visa? I don't rely any points from him. The main reason to do this is to avoid paying the 2nd instalment VAC.

Thanks very much for your help in advance.
Old May 15th 2010, 10:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Instalment VAC

Originally Posted by iammay
Hi all,

I've just received the pre-grant email and the 2nd instalment VAC invoice. As my husband cannot meet the English requirement, we are required to pay the 2nd instalment.

Our mind has been changed. My husband won't go to Oz with me. Can I withdraw his name on my application? Will it affect my visa? I don't rely any points from him. The main reason to do this is to avoid paying the 2nd instalment VAC.

Are you and your husband divorcing? If not, then no you cannot remove him from your application just to avoid paying the fee. He was included in the application as your spouse, so he is a secondary applicant. why doesn't he do the IELTS? He only needs average 4.5 to avoid the fee.

What do you plan to do? You move to Australia and he lives in your home country but you stay married? How do you plan to live as a married couple if you live in different countries? Things DIAC will want to know if you try to take him off.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Dear iammay,

What I understand that you want to remove your husband from your application just to save 2VAC , you and your husband are not divorcing.

Lets do the comparison.
In near future anyway , your husband has to process his visa (dependent candidate), he has to pay 2.5K. He will prepare for IELST again ( say 300-500AUD for special classes) and then IELST fee ( 250 AUD) around 550-750 AUD.

Total Cost = Aprox 3K AUD if He got IELST 4.5 in next attempt If not
Total Cost = 2.5 + 3.5 + 750 Aprox 7K AUD.

I am sure you have already done PCC and medical for your hubby then it will be additional cost if he didn't applied again in less then one year from the date of PCC or Medical which ever done first.

If you pay now 3.5K AUD
He can stay with you as well as he will be entitled 500 Hours of english education.

I can undertsnad you must have some financial issues to take such decision but telling you iammay life is tough in such situation and you dont know how much time it gona take if he applies later to get approval. WORK TO LIVE , DONT LIVE TO WORK

I strongly suggest you to do little more calculation and pay 2VAC and then try to cover this investment as soon as possible you reach Oz.

Regards
Aahmed

Last edited by aahmed; May 16th 2010 at 12:03 am.
Old May 16th 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Hey iammay,
Can you please share your time line , occupation and country.
You can send private message too.
Regards
Old May 16th 2010, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Thanks your reply.

We are not divorcing but our goals are different. So that might be happen. My husband can't speak English. He won't try to take the ielts. Also, he doesn't want to leave the place he grew up. He feels ok with his current job and he doesn't want to spend two years in Oz within five years inorder to maintain the PR status.

Basically I want to try if I like living in Oz first. I've never tried living aboard. If I can live in Oz happily, he might think again to move there. If I don't like it, I may move back to my home country.

He can always come to visit me while I'm in Oz. Now he hopes I would find Oz is not a good place and I hope I can find work balance life in Oz....

This is my 2nd time to apply the 175 visa. I overlooked the English requirement b4. My 2nd application date was Jan 25, 2010. My occupation is under CSL.
Old May 16th 2010, 10:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aahmed
Hey iammay,
Can you please share your time line , occupation and country.
You can send private message too.
Regards
Why? What does that have to do with the OP's questions about removing her spouse?
Old May 16th 2010, 10:08 am
Still alive

Hi all,

Thanks your reply.

We are not divorcing but our goals are different. So that might be happen. My husband can't speak English. He won't try to take the ielts. Also, he doesn't want to leave the place he grew up. He feels ok with his current job and he doesn't want to spend two years in Oz within five years inorder to maintain the PR status.

Basically I want to try if I like living in Oz first. I've never tried living aboard. If I can live in Oz happily, he might think again to move there. If I don't like it, I may move back to my home country.

He can always come to visit me while I'm in Oz. Now he hopes I would find Oz is not a good place and I hope I can find work balance life in Oz....

This is my 2nd time to apply the 175 visa. I overlooked the English requirement b4. My 2nd application date was Jan 25, 2010. My occupation is under CSL.
Sorry to say darling but it's either pay the VAC or get him to sit IELTS. Maybe you should have thought about what your goals were before deciding to apply to move to another country? If he doesn't want to come to Australia you are goign to have to decide whether it's worth ending your marriage over.

If you take him off the application now by telling DIAC that you are separating you will need to provide proof of separation (court papers). How do you plan to sponsor him to come live here if he decides to later if you're divorcing? It's not a simple thing.

Pay the VAC, get him to come for a holiday to validate the visa and then he has 5 years to decide if he wants to come here to live permanently. Much easier solution all around.
Old May 16th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why? What does that have to do with the OP's questions about removing her spouse?
I have the similar situation , I decided to pay 2 VAC obviously.
Just qurious as she said yesterday she received mail from CO , I am also waiting for the same mail.
Old May 16th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Dear Dorothy,

I guess she still can take the decision (just Guess, right person is her CO to consulat what can be done and how or an exprienced Migration agent).
She need to confirm that he will be joing her soon and the reason , why he is not joining her now( Sepration paper is not only solution , I believe).

But still I recommend your suggestion to pay 2VAC , get validate visa for hubby and then decide.

Actually she should took the decision before lodgement of her application.
Anyway life is not a compute alogoritham , situation can change anytime without notice.

Dear Immay : Best of Luck.
Old May 16th 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 2nd Instalment VAC

Thank you very much, Dorothy and Aahmed. Your advices are really helpful. I just made up my mind. I'll make payment soon.
Old May 16th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Here comes the detailed timeline:

Jan 25, 2010:
2nd application as my first application was refused on Oct 27, 09

Feb 23, 2010:
Case officer contacted me by email for requesting more information.

Mar 25, 2010:
Case officer requested Health check, PCC and filling up H80 forms.

May 12,2010:
175 visa was pre-granted. Official visa should be issued once settle the 2nd payment (VAC).
Old May 16th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: 2nd Instalment VAC

Hi all,

Here comes the detailed timeline:

Jan 25, 2010:
2nd application as my first application was refused on Oct 27, 09

Feb 23, 2010:
Case officer contacted me by email for requesting more information.

Mar 25, 2010:
Case officer requested Health check, PCC and filling up H80 forms.

May 12,2010:
175 visa was pre-granted. Official visa should be issued once settle the 2nd payment (VAC).
Thank you,

Is it possible , you can share your mail ID ?
Please ,if yes , send me though PM

Last edited by aahmed; May 16th 2010 at 8:41 pm.