2nd installment for skillselect

Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:31 am
Just Joined

saba78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2nd installment for skillselect

hi everybody

I've been invited by DIAC recently.my husband hasn't taken the IELTS exam yet. unfortunately,i didn't have any idea about the time he had to participate in the exam.i had checked the site for the deadline, however i couldn't find anything.

i would be wondered if anybody could give me the idea of either when he should take the exam or even if we have to pay for it when we are applying for the visa. does it mean he loses the chance to take the exam?

i'm looking forward to hearing from you

best regards.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd installment for skillselect

Originally Posted by saba78
hi everybody

I've been invited by DIAC recently.my husband hasn't taken the IELTS exam yet. unfortunately,i didn't have any idea about the time he had to participate in the exam.i had checked the site for the deadline, however i couldn't find anything.

i would be wondered if anybody could give me the idea of either when he should take the exam or even if we have to pay for it when we are applying for the visa. does it mean he loses the chance to take the exam?

i'm looking forward to hearing from you

best regards.
From what I remember reading, it used to be that you had to just before visa grant to prove functional English. Husband would need to score 4.5 I think.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: 2nd installment for skillselect

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
From what I remember reading, it used to be that you had to just before visa grant to prove functional English. Husband would need to score 4.5 I think.
thank u for your consideration.thank god...it means he has enough time to pass the exam
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

thank u for your consideration.thank god...it means he has enough time to pass the exam
Found this on proving functional English if it helps - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...ional-english/
Old Dec 17th 2013, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

ksdinokar is an unknown quantity at this point

I think no , when ur applying for the visa they are asking Functional English details such as Date of Exam .... like that.
.In my case my partner didn't do it before apply ,then we had to pay second installment before grant the visa ( in final stage of the visa granting ). but no idea about whether can provide IELTS after applying visa .
Old Dec 17th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

No ,when apply for the visa ,functional English details should be there . They are asking details such as Exam date.... like that.
In my case my partner didnt' do the IELTS and had to pay second installment before grant the visa( Final stage of visa granting process)
but no idea about whether can provide details for functional English after applying the visa .yes need 4.5 score
Old Dec 17th 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ksdinokar
I think no , when ur applying for the visa they are asking Functional English details such as Date of Exam .... like that.
.In my case my partner didn't do it before apply ,then we had to pay second installment before grant the visa ( in final stage of the visa granting ). but no idea about whether can provide IELTS after applying visa .
Thanks for the updated info ksdinokar

OP as this is more recent info, this may be the most accurate. May be worth checking with DIBP or MARA agent too
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

I think it has been changed recently ....up to previous information in DIAC, it should be after applying...i can't find any direct statement about this now.
i don't know if there is any email adress to contact with DIAC.i couldn't find any....
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:48 pm

I think it has been changed recently ....up to previous information in DIAC, it should be after applying...i can't find any direct statement about this now.
i don't know if there is any email adress to contact with DIAC.i couldn't find any....
There is a help page on the website - http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/Help.aspx but not sure if that will give you any email addresses
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks old sparkles.finally,i found the answer in visa charges section.the 2nd installment is at the time of visa granting. :-)
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the updated info ksdinokar

OP as this is more recent info, this may be the most accurate. May be worth checking with DIBP or MARA agent too
Ur welcome Old-Sparkles
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks old sparkles.finally,i found the answer in visa charges section.the 2nd installment is at the time of visa granting. :-)
Yep ,Its clear 2nd installment have to pay at the time of visa granting .After paying only they are granting visa .
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: 2nd installment for skillselect

Originally Posted by ksdinokar
Yep ,Its clear 2nd installment have to pay at the time of visa granting .After paying only they are granting visa .
Oopps..thank u..it means he loses the chance