Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

A 2 years Course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie

Wikiposts

A 2 years Course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie

Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:42 am
Just Joined

jaldin80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A 2 years Course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie

Hi;

Could anyone perhaps suggest me a good institute for a 2 years course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie ( Commercial Cookery). It can be in any state, but has to be a recognised institute with an approved cricos number. My cousine intends to go through this course.

Secondly who assesses this qualification, is it TRA or Vet Assess. Whats the procedure to lodge an application for pr onshore; after having complete this 2 years course in pastry cooking.

Looking forward to hear from you all, immigration consultants are most welcome to reply and reflect on the stated matter.

Regards.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A 2 years Course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie

Originally Posted by jaldin80
Hi;

Could anyone perhaps suggest me a good institute for a 2 years course in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie ( Commercial Cookery). It can be in any state, but has to be a recognised institute with an approved cricos number. My cousine intends to go through this course.

Secondly who assesses this qualification, is it TRA or Vet Assess. Whats the procedure to lodge an application for pr onshore; after having complete this 2 years course in pastry cooking.

Looking forward to hear from you all, immigration consultants are most welcome to reply and reflect on the stated matter.

Regards.
Don't know the answers to some questions, but a friend is currently doing this course up in Cairns. Presumably the same thing you are planning. Out here on a two year temp pastry student visa.

I would assume that most of the TAFE or uni's would be approved, they are up in Cairns because other friends are there.

No idea who assesses. I was under the impression that you had to leave the country to apply for PR but may be wrong. I certainly remember them saying they had to leave the country within a few weeks of the course finishing but wasn't listening 100%.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Pete-danns is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaldin80

Regards.
Pastry Cook is the TRA. Remember with the TRA you'll need to get 900 hours work experience in your 2 years of study to get a positive assessment!!

Once the course is completed, you apply for a bridging visa as your Student Visa expires. This is to keep you legal in the country, and you apply to DIMIA for PR.

Hope that is of some use.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:09 pm
Jaj

Pete-danns wrote:

>
    >> Hi;
    >> Could anyone perhaps suggest me a good institute for a 2 years course
    >> in Pastry Cooking/ Patisserie ( Commercial Cookery). It can be in any
    >> state, but has to be a recognised institute with an approved cricos
    >> number. My cousine intends to go through this course.
    >> Secondly who assesses this qualification, is it TRA or Vet Assess.
    >> Whats the procedure to lodge an application for pr onshore; after
    >> having complete this 2 years course in pastry cooking.
    >> Looking forward to hear from you all, immigration consultants are most
    >> welcome to reply and reflect on the stated matter.
    >> Regards.
    >
    > Pastry Cook is the TRA. Remember with the TRA you'll need to get 900
    > hours work experience in your 2 years of study to get a positive
    > assessment!!
    >
    > Once the course is completed, you apply for a bridging visa as your
    > Student Visa expires. This is to keep you legal in the country, and you
    > apply to DIMIA for PR.
    >
    > Hope that is of some use.
    >

PR will only be granted if the requirements are met (eg points test, if
applicable). A TRA skill assessment is not enough.