Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

2 police clearance certificates with different dates

Wikiposts

2 police clearance certificates with different dates

Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
nya
Forum Regular

nya is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2 police clearance certificates with different dates

Hello,

I read that the Visa must be validated within one year from either the medicals or police checks, whichever is earlier.

We have applied for our UK police checks a while back and we are expecting them any day now, so they'll probably be dated December 2007. However, I also need to get a police clearance certificate from Germany where I used to live, and I have not even requested that one yet. I will probably request it after X-mas and get it around February, so it'll be dated February 2008. We will submit them all together at that point and probably do the medicals after that.

Now I assume the date of the latest police clearance certificate will be the deciding one, i.e. February? Only me, the main applicant, will get the UK AND the German one, my husband will only get the UK one, dated December 2007.

Thanks if someone could shed some light on this. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering which date they'd use in such a case.

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2 police clearance certificates with different dates

Originally Posted by nya
Hello,

I read that the Visa must be validated within one year from either the medicals or police checks, whichever is earlier.

We have applied for our UK police checks a while back and we are expecting them any day now, so they'll probably be dated December 2007. However, I also need to get a police clearance certificate from Germany where I used to live, and I have not even requested that one yet. I will probably request it after X-mas and get it around February, so it'll be dated February 2008. We will submit them all together at that point and probably do the medicals after that.

Now I assume the date of the latest police clearance certificate will be the deciding one, i.e. February? Only me, the main applicant, will get the UK AND the German one, my husband will only get the UK one, dated December 2007.

Thanks if someone could shed some light on this. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering which date they'd use in such a case.

Thanks a lot!
Both police checks must be valid when you activate your visa. So, if you UK check is valid until December 2008 and Your German one will, you estimate, be valid until about February 2009, you will need to activate your visa by December 2008.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:24 pm
nya
Forum Regular

nya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you once again.

I think I'm done asking daft questions today but at least the fog is slowly lifting!

Originally Posted by AHamm
Both police checks must be valid when you activate your visa. So, if you UK check is valid until December 2008 and Your German one will, you estimate, be valid until about February 2009, you will need to activate your visa by December 2008.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

You're welcome again!

This is one of the biggest things you will ever do so if you have a question, ask it and don't ever feel silly for doing so. It's vital that you completely understand the process.