Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

2.5 years and still waiting to hear(london ahc) anyone still with me?

2.5 years and still waiting to hear(london ahc) anyone still with me?

Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:52 am
Luke

Default 2.5 years and still waiting to hear(london ahc) anyone still with me?

app: feb 2001
still no news, just get told to keep waiting.
is this a good sign or a bad one?

Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:44 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

That seems like a seriously long time, I would get chasing, do
you know your case officer, do you know if there are any problems? what does everybody else think?????
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:05 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

If you know who your case officer is then I would send them an e-mail explaining that you have been waiting rather a long time and would like to check that they are not waiting on any more information from you.

That should prompt them to give you a status update without you having been so blatant as to ask for one

good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine

Mel
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

h0pe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2.5 years and still waiting to hear(london ahc) anyone still with me?

Sounds like a nightmare! Is this for Skilled Independent?

It is very very strange and I would insist on finding out more. Have you been asked for medical and police checks at all?

I have heard horror stories about people being refused and kept in the dark for a few years but that was a while ago.

I hope you find something out soon...

Best wishes
Hope

Originally posted by Luke
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2.5 years and still waiting to hear(london ahc) anyone still with me?

Originally posted by Luke
Wow, that is a REALLY long time! Do you have a migration agent? If not, it might be worthwhile getting one to look into it for you. While emailing may be a good idea, you might want to take the time and try calling. After 2.5 years, I think you are entitled to an explanation!
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

i think you deserve a response after all this time.Go on bite the bullet and contact them.
good luck
donna
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

It's a long time but you are not alone. I have a friend who finally got here a couple of weeks ago - he also waited 2 1/2 years for his visa. Think he came on skilled independent - I know he had to put up that ridiculous bond to get extra points because he is 45 years old. (Just means that he can't quite buy his dream home for a year or so - $$$$ in the dear old governments pocket for a while instead of the Aussie economy).