1st of July. Surely not?

Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future
Default 1st of July. Surely not?

i can't believe that on the 1st of july, next friday, i am going to come down to the laptop, log in to expats, as i have done every morning for the past 23 years, and see thread after thread of 'got it'. surely they are not going to suddenly issue all our visas on one day simply because they've had to wait til then? it would be nice, of course, but dimia just don't work like that do they. what happened on the 1st july last year?

so here i am, beginning to believe, like many others, that there is something to this 1/7 malarky yet unable to believe that salvation will come on that day. there will be another 6 weeks of dribbles of visas that have been waiting for 1/7 before catch up is complete. won't there?

tell me i'm wrong. there's been no mention of a visa having been granted on here for about 4 years. i've been sitting here, glued to the little white light at the end of the tunnel for ever. my finger nails are 6" long and i can sit on my hair.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1st of July. Surely not?

Originally Posted by ahoy
i can't believe that on the 1st of july, next friday, i am going to come down to the laptop, log in to expats, as i have done every morning for the past 23 years, and see thread after thread of 'got it'. surely they are not going to suddenly issue all our visas on one day simply because they've had to wait til then? it would be nice, of course, but dimia just don't work like that do they. what happened on the 1st july last year?

so here i am, beginning to believe, like many others, that there is something to this 1/7 malarky yet unable to believe that salvation will come on that day. there will be another 6 weeks of dribbles of visas that have been waiting for 1/7 before catch up is complete. won't there?

tell me i'm wrong. there's been no mention of a visa having been granted on here for about 4 years. i've been sitting here, glued to the little white light at the end of the tunnel for ever. my finger nails are 6" long and i can sit on my hair.
just found this thread
Welcome, ahoy [ Log Out ]
You last visited: Yesterday at 7:44 pm
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 30.
Home Discussion Forum Articles Classifieds Photo Post Chat Arcade Links Web Search Forum Index My Profile Meet Ups New Posts Today's Posts Search Shortcuts Member List FAQ

Advanced Search
Shortcuts
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Avatar
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online
Who Quoted Me?
Chat
Chat Room
Chat Pop-up
Who's Chatting
Forum / Immigration / Australia & New Zealand Immigration
At last...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Jun 29th 2004, 11:12 am #1
letsg2au

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have been a bystander of this forum for a year finally my turn to input

visa grant letter received today, subclass 136, the visa was granted on 19/06, so evidently dimia is still issuing visa though the quota for this program year has been reached

applied : Sep 2003
Meds required: Apr 2004
IELTS: May 2004
Pre-grant: Jun 2004
Grant: Jun 2004

good luck to all of you

letsg2au
View Public Profile
Send a private message to letsg2au
Send email to letsg2au
Find More Posts by letsg2au
Add letsg2au to Your Buddy List

Jun 29th 2004, 11:26 am #2
S Oldfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by letsg2au

visa grant letter received today, subclass 136, the visa was granted on 19/06, so evidently dimia is still issuing visa though the quota for this program year has been reached

good luck to all of you

Well done.........really pleased for you.

Sandra

S Oldfield
View Public Profile
Send a private message to S Oldfield
Send email to S Oldfield
Find More Posts by S Oldfield
Add S Oldfield to Your Buddy List

Jun 29th 2004, 11:49 am #3
claire edwards
Australia awaits

Quote:

good luck to all of you

Congratulations!!! Well done and good luck!

claire edwards
View Public Profile
Send a private message to claire edwards
Send email to claire edwards
Find More Posts by claire edwards
Add claire edwards to Your Buddy List

Jun 29th 2004, 3:39 pm #4
jac16

Quote:

good luck to all of you

1st Congraulations

2nd what is IELTS & what is a pre-grant ?

(We have sent off our medicals which were received 16th June and we are now just waiting for the decision)

jac16
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jac16
Send email to jac16
Find More Posts by jac16
Add jac16 to Your Buddy List

Jun 29th 2004, 4:13 pm #5
scutterUK
life begins again...

Re: At last...

Quote:

good luck to all of you

great news about the visa but why did you wait so long before making an input?

scutterUK
View Public Profile
Send a private message to scutterUK
Send email to scutterUK
Find More Posts by scutterUK
Add scutterUK to Your Buddy List

Jun 29th 2004, 5:28 pm #6
mlbonner
part-time Visa Angel!

Re: At last...

Quote:
Originally posted by jac16
1st Congraulations

(We have sent off our medicals which were received 16th June and we are now just waiting for the decision)

IELTS is the English test I think you have to take if you're not a native speaker.

It's all about me, me, me!

Thanks to all who give me Karma

My running blogspot

mlbonner
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mlbonner
Send email to mlbonner
Visit mlbonner's homepage!
Find More Posts by mlbonner
Add mlbonner to Your Buddy List

Jun 30th 2004, 10:14 am #7
flowerkris
Mad to go OZ

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Jan 22, 2005 Grant Letter Received
Oct 22, 2004 AoS Approved
Sep 7, 2004 Transferred AoS to Centrelink
Aug 18, 2004 PCC sent
Jul 27, 2004 Medicals sent
Jun 28, 2004 Medicals Requested
Jun 8, 2004 Acknowledgement Received
May 7, 2004 Credit card charged
May 6, 2004 Application delivered

flowerkris
View Public Profile
Send a private message to flowerkris
Send email to flowerkris
Find More Posts by flowerkris
Add flowerkris to Your Buddy List

Jun 30th 2004, 11:22 am #8
letsg2au

Quote:
Originally posted by jac16
1st Congraulations

IELTS = International English Language Testing System

Pre-grant = pre-visa grant, sorry I got it wrong

letsg2au
View Public Profile
Send a private message to letsg2au
Send email to letsg2au
Find More Posts by letsg2au
Add letsg2au to Your Buddy List

Jun 30th 2004, 1:49 pm #9
ind2aus

Quote:

good luck to all of you

Congrats! and good luck.

Thanks,

ind2aus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ind2aus
Send email to ind2aus
Find More Posts by ind2aus
Add ind2aus to Your Buddy List

Subscribe to this Thread

British Expats / Immigration / Australia & New Zealand Immigration > At last...

Find "At last..." on the web

Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Download This Thread
Subscribe to this Thread
Linear Mode
Switch to Hybrid Mode
Switch to Threaded Mode
Search this Thread

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Excellent
Good
Average
Bad
Terrible

Forum Jump
Please select one User Control Panel Private Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home -------------------- Lifestyle & Culture Australia Canada Europe France Italy Spain Far East Middle East Moving back to the UK New Zealand USA Rest of the World South Africa Working Abroad Working Abroad by Profession Chefs Hairdressing Information Technology Nursing Police Teaching Job Offers Immigration Australia & New Zealand Immigration Canadian Immigration US Immigration US Marriage Based Visas US Visas General The Lounge The Locker Room Take it Outside! Media Announcements & Requests Marketplace More Usenet Groups rec.travel.* rec.travel.africa rec.travel.asia rec.travel.australia+nz rec.travel.carribean rec.travel.europe rec.travel.usa-canada Site Issues Site Feedback Premium Member Support