189 for nurses POINTS

Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:31 am
Just Joined

sazzleblonde1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 189 for nurses POINTS

IN A PICKLE!!

Ok, I am near to lodging my 189 application but I want to clarify a few things before I go ahead. wouldnt want to be wasting $3000! The questions are in relation to nursing but anyone who has knowledge of the process can answer them as they relate to any skilled migrant.

1. I have sat 2 IELTS tests this year (yes i know).
In test one I got 8/8/9/6.5
In test two I got 8/8/8/7.5

Now both give me an overall of 8(which is fine) but I know it is based on 'individual scores' so brings me down to 7 (correct?) on the Australian points system. Which effectively means only 10 points as appose to 20. My question is will immigration accept both my test scores and take the highest scores from both or can I only submit one?

2. Employment history. Ah good old work. Basically i have been a nurse for 5 years. I have 3 years UK history and 1 year australian history (plus one year off for travelling). Sounds good. eligible for points you think? well......

Of the 1 year in australia I have evidence of all my working hours. however i read that they want formal references from employers regarding specific nursing duties(this is the bit thats nurse related). My employer from one job has provided a very basic reference and will provide no more. will they accept this? are they strict on this even if i have evidence of hours?

I have a similar problem in the UK aspect. I have 2 full years accounted for- hours and in depth references. however my 3rd year is a similar situation to australia. the company i worked for wont provide an in depth reference. Only a statement of hours.

Now if Immigration dont accept this I stand to loose 10 points in this arena which is not good given i also stand to loose 10 in IELTS.

I will also mention I have a recent approved skills assessment for my nursing qualification.

To summarize- i have the required ielts marks just in 2 different test sittings and i cannot get references for all of my work history.
What are nurses/peoples thoughts on this in regards to lodging the application?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 for nurses POINTS

Originally Posted by sazzleblonde1985
IN A PICKLE!!

Ok, I am near to lodging my 189 application but I want to clarify a few things before I go ahead. wouldnt want to be wasting $3000! The questions are in relation to nursing but anyone who has knowledge of the process can answer them as they relate to any skilled migrant.

Now both give me an overall of 8(which is fine) but I know it is based on 'individual scores' so brings me down to 7 (correct?) on the Australian points system. Which effectively means only 10 points as appose to 20. My question is will immigration accept both my test scores and take the highest scores from both or can I only submit one?
No, you can only submit one.
2. Employment history. Ah good old work. Basically i have been a nurse for 5 years. I have 3 years UK history and 1 year australian history (plus one year off for travelling). Sounds good. eligible for points you think? well......

Of the 1 year in australia I have evidence of all my working hours. however i read that they want formal references from employers regarding specific nursing duties(this is the bit thats nurse related). My employer from one job has provided a very basic reference and will provide no more. will they accept this? are they strict on this even if i have evidence of hours?
Yes, you need a reference stating your duties. You could work for a health agency doing any number of duties not related to nursing. You need to show that you were/are a nurse.
I have a similar problem in the UK aspect. I have 2 full years accounted for- hours and in depth references. however my 3rd year is a similar situation to australia. the company i worked for wont provide an in depth reference. Only a statement of hours.
See above. You need a detailed reference.
Now if Immigration dont accept this I stand to loose 10 points in this arena which is not good given i also stand to loose 10 in IELTS.

I will also mention I have a recent approved skills assessment for my nursing qualification.

You not only need to mention it, you must attach the skills assessment to the visa application
To summarize- i have the required ielts marks just in 2 different test sittings and i cannot get references for all of my work history.

Thanks
Answers above in red
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had an invitation to apply for the visa or are you submitting an EOI?

You need to ensure that you do not over claim points on an EOI as it will result in a refusal later down the line.

Your second IELTS test is worth 10 points on it's own - if you need 20 points from the English ability you will need to obtain at least an 8 in each of the 4 tests in a single sitting - as Dorothy says, you submit one result only.

With regards to your references, do your references state the position you were employed in, whether full time or not, and start / finish dates. Can you support the employment history with payslips, offer letters, etc. In claiming points for my history, only 1 of my references was detailed as the companies I worked for also only supply basic references. I also had statements from colleagues but managed to satisfy DIAC of my employment history - but I'm not in nursing.

And yes, you need your skills assessment to be able to lodge an EOI
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzleblonde1985
IN A PICKLE!!

Thanks
The IELTS results cannot be over two tests, it needs to be in one test. You maybe did academic IELTS for your skills assessment, you could always try general IELTS for the visa application, it is much easier.

When you say lodge your application, do you really mean application or do you mean EOI. If you mean application and are already through the EOI stage, then you need to start again. For sure you will have a visa decline if you lodge now when you did not have the points claimed on your EOI.

If you are just lodging the EOI, then to be honest might as well just wait until you have the right points in the bag. But definitely do not over claim them.