189 INVITATION

Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

sazzleblonde1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 189 INVITATION

Its safe to say i've spent all of 2013 and the start of 2014 consumed by visa applications. life must go on!

Anyway. my latest issue.....

So i submitted an EOI on 17th nov 2013. got an invitation within 12 hours (no joke). shocked to say the least.

however.... in the meantime i've decided some of my info needs amending. I need to remove a qualification i decided is not relevant to me gaining points and add some more work experience on there.
The application is locked out for 2 months whilst i either accept the invitation or decline it (or wait until it expires).
so technically it will be 'unlocked' or will have 'expired' on 17th jan. great you say. whats the problem. well seen as it is an EOI, I am worried i will be re-invited (you can be invited twice) immediately and the same situation will occur. meaning another 2 months sitting and waiting.

Anyone had a similar experience? or know what the solution to this 1st world problem is?

Thanks

Last edited by sazzleblonde1985; Jan 7th 2014 at 11:07 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

betterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enoughbetterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 189 INVITATION

Have you actually subitted and paid for the visa application yet?

I submitted the EOI in early Dec, got the invite a week or so later and submitted the application at the end of Dec. I had to input and upload all of the qualification information, if it is not reducing the points you're eligible for I can't imagine it's a problem. Do you need time for the proof of the additional work experience? Surely you can get this info before the two months of the next invite expires?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:03 am
Just Joined

sazzleblonde1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

i suppose it doesnt affect the points total. its just the information provided needs altering to reflect a true picture of the information i can physically provide.

i have 65 points. the extra qualifications can stay on there i suppose. they dont give me any extra points and are not really required for the visa but im worried they will start asking for all the paper work for it because i added it on. i dont have the paper work by the way.

i just want to remove this from my EOI. also i have the additional work experience paper work, i just need to add it to the EOI also. would be easier if they had a 'decline' invitation or 'cancel' application button so i could even just start the application again!

by the way i havent submitted it yet. the invitation is just sitting waiting. and i havent paid anything.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

betterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enoughbetterskierthanthewife will become famous soon enough

I'm certainly not an expert so seek other advice but it sounds like you're over complicating things. Have you had a skills and work experience assessment for your occupation? I'm sure if you provide this and the evidence for the work that is covered by the assessment then you'll be fine.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzleblonde1985
i suppose it doesnt affect the points total. its just the information provided needs altering to reflect a true picture of the information i can physically provide.

i have 65 points. the extra qualifications can stay on there i suppose. they dont give me any extra points and are not really required for the visa but im worried they will start asking for all the paper work for it because i added it on. i dont have the paper work by the way.

i just want to remove this from my EOI. also i have the additional work experience paper work, i just need to add it to the EOI also. would be easier if they had a 'decline' invitation or 'cancel' application button so i could even just start the application again!

by the way i havent submitted it yet. the invitation is just sitting waiting. and i havent paid anything.
You will need to prove everything you have claimed points for, so for all 65 points. You do not need to prove other things. I thought the EOI distinguished between work experience being claimed for and not?