176 visa's priority?

Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 visa's priority?

The normal ETA is for maximum 3 months, since there was no sign of a CO (end of june) I was not sure if this was enough……. A Ve 676 for 6 months cost me $75,- so it not that bad. This process takes up to 2 weeks, mine was 4 days. But be aware the ETA visa has to be granted BEFORE the PR!!

Chantal
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Gina 2 will become famous soon enoughGina 2 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Chantal, I will be looking into it! Keep us updated with your process, Cheers, Gina
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Chantal,

Am I right in thinking you can't work on a 676 though?

Also, as you are applying for an off shore visa, you will have to leave Aus so your 176 can be granted?

Cheers,

Colin
Old Jul 6th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Chantal,

Am I right in thinking you can't work on a 676 though?

Also, as you are applying for an off shore visa, you will have to leave Aus so your 176 can be granted?

Cheers,

Colin
You got it! You are not allowed to work on a 676. I will receive a message from my CO (when I have one) that I have to leave the country. Then a few days later I will get my visa granted, which can be put in my passport I believe 5 days later……. Seems I am going on a holiday to NZ

Cheers, Chantal
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:42 pm
Jeroen

jelumini is an unknown quantity at this point

The best of luck Chantal and we hope that you will get your pr visa soon. Jeroen & Mirjam.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gina 2 will become famous soon enoughGina 2 will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for the info, lots to consider, all the best Chantal and keep us posted!

Cheers,

Gina
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chantal
You got it! You are not allowed to work on a 676. I will receive a message from my CO (when I have one) that I have to leave the country. Then a few days later I will get my visa granted, which can be put in my passport I believe 5 days later……. Seems I am going on a holiday to NZ

Cheers, Chantal

We are doing the same as you but we are planning on doing some voluntary work for bed and board as this is allowed.

We used a site called Helpex.

Cx
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
We are a 176 on the 30/11 - our agent expects we will here in the next four weeks.

I think as soon as the pre-Sept backlog is cleared we will see the leadtime drop back down closer to 6 months.

Good luck to the rest of you 176'ers.

Hopefully Brian and I can post back with some good news in the next few weeks.

Colin
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know, we received our visa this week. Officially granted on the 8/7, agent got confirmation this morning and we should have the letter in the next day or so.

Things are moving quite fast now so let's hope they continue and you'll be posting your own "We've got it" messages in no time at all.

Colin & Toni